Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

Hello guys,

I've been very interested in getting this mod done on my car. Every year before the winter, I always want to remind myself to get this done.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/add-temperature-to-lx.8025/
Kudos to @Pauly99to17 for the excellent information.

However, I am not skilled enough to run and tape all those wires to the tachometer. Do you think a local mechanic should be able to handle this type of tasks?

I want to hear from you about your opinions of getting this mod done.

Thanks

I can't really imagine many would say no if you're paying them to do the work. No locals around you with a soldering iron willing to help? I mean you can even buy one at walmart for like $10.

I can't really imagine many would say no if you're paying them to do the work. No locals around you with a soldering iron willing to help? I mean you can even buy one at walmart for like $10.

I am just afraid of running wires, not my liking at all even fixing my home electronics.
My plan is to get the parts from the list and print out the instruction to mechanic. Basically, I understand that we just need to run the wire to the connector in the specific pin 8 & 24 in the tachometer.

If anyone is near NYC, I won't mind paying you rather than a local mechanic. Hit me up if you want to get some extra cash.

This mod was not all that difficult. I understand that taking the dash apart is a little nerve racking the first time. Just needs patience. Running the wire was not difficult either. Very doable.

Been wanting to do this as well. Guess I can use my hondata app though. Just seems like a cool little install.

Hi @Pauly99to17

I bought the sensors and clips. I know of a guy who may do an electrical part for me. I got 2 questions.

In the instruction where you found an old connector and wrapped the wire, is the male connector also a JAE pin?

If so, I basically buy 4 JAE pin, 2 goes to the sensor and 2 goes to the imid?

And how long is the wire from the sensor to the imid? Is 10 feet long enough going thru the firewall to the imid?

Thanks again
temp6.jpg
temp10.jpg

The 2 pins that connect to the sensor can be any kind odlf female type connector pin you like. They can't be too large or they will touch each has other and you will have a short circuit.

The 2 pics that fit into the cluster quite skinny to fit into that very small opening. Just remember that the pins will need to be able to go quite deep into that opening get in order to have proper contact.

I would suggest you go to local electronics place and buy a few different sorts of pins. They are not expensive at all. Try them out and you will quickly see which ones fit well.

It's been so long since I did this mod that my memory of it is a little fuzzy. My apologies.

Reactions: Tak
The 2 pins that connect to the sensor can be any kind odlf female type connector pin you like. They can't be too large or they will touch each has other and you will have a short circuit.

The 2 pics that fit into the cluster quite skinny to fit into that very small opening. Just remember that the pins will need to be able to go quite deep into that opening get in order to have proper contact.

I would suggest you go to local electronics place and buy a few different sorts of pins. They are not expensive at all. Try them out and you will quickly see which ones fit well.

It's been so long since I did this mod that my memory of it is a little fuzzy. My apologies.

Hi @Pauly99to17

Thanks. I also bought 4 JAE pin for the cluster.
I will ask a local guy to make the wires for me.
Another question, if the wires are pre-made that is a bit longer, is there a place to hide behind the cluster?

Thanks again.

Same with the engine bay. Tons of places you could tuck excess wire with a zip tie.

Hi guys

I'm working with a local guy for the headlights retrofit. I will retrofit the low beam with entry mini h1 projector and add a led strip with switchback. This project is expected to complete by the end of September.

Meanwhile I will get both hid kit and led kit. I want to test both kits in different situations and conclude which one works best.

I know hid is the best in outpu. However if the led isn't by far, I may get the led because of the simplicity.

I am recommended kensun hid kit and opt7 led h1 bulb.

Please let me know about your recommendation and suggestions.

Thanks

Last edited:
Run whatever HID kit you want but use a harness. Pick one up from retrofit source for like $30. Well worth the money.

I can't remember if you need the 9005 or 9006 harness

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/wiring/relay-harnesses/hd-relay-9005.html

EDIT: You generally get what you pay for with HID kits but people have had really good luck with some of the super cheap DDM kits so try the Kensun.

Hi guys

I'm working with a local guy for the headlights retrofit. I will retrofit the low beam with entry mini h1 projector and add a led strip with switchback. This project is expected to complete by the end of September.

Meanwhile I will get both hid kit and led kit. I want to test both kits in different situations and conclude which one works best.

I know hid is the best in outpu. However if the led isn't by far, I may get the led because of the simplicity.

Thanks
From talking to xenondepot, these are supposed to be the best leds available. They said they're still not up to hid output, but you already know led isnt.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/xtreme-led-pro-sneak-peek.15382/

@XenonDepot maybe can chime in, or maybe give them a call and ask for Steve. He can give you some direction.

Hi guys

Thanks

We would be happy to help you out if you wanted to try and compare our Xtreme HID kit and the new Xtreme LED pro kits. Is there a number I can reach you at regarding all of this?
Danny

I've been thinking that once the guy completes my retrofit, I will just get the hid kit. However I'm debating if I get either 4300k or 5000k.

The primary reason is that my visions are not that great. Especially I'm trying to completely avoid driving when raining. I often stop driving the car ane wait if the rain is heavy.

5000k seems more whiter but I'm thinking that it may not help when raining.

I'm also going to replace the halogen bulb in my spider fog light to led? What should I also get as well? 5000k?

What's your suggestion?

Thanks

Last edited:
I've been thinking that once the guy completes my retrofit, I will just get the hid kit. However I'm debating if I get either 4300k or 5000k.

The primary reason is that my visions are not that great. Especially I'm trying to completely avoid driving when raining. I often stop driving the car ane wait if the rain is heavy.

I'm also going to replace the halogen bulb in my spider fog light to led? What should I also get as well? 5000k?

What's your suggestion?

Thanks

I would say 4300k would be the most practical. Colour temperature-wise they look close to oem bulbs but much brighter. I had the Philips 4300k bulbs from @XenonDepot when I lived in the country and wanted the brightest option possible because I had a couple close calls with wildlife on the road. They were the best bulbs I ever had in regards to light output.

What's your suggestion?

Thanks

As @SpaceJam said, I would go with 4300K as well based on your needs. With this color it would be the brightest and work better in the rain because of the warm tone it has. As for the fogs, go with 4300K to color match but if you are going with LED than 5000K would be the closest match.

Danny

IMG_2997.JPG Not sure if this is my last post of my build. My baby and I were shocked during impact. We were released from hospital.

Trunk lid, bumper, taillight all gone. It looks the left quarter panel is slightly damaged (I'm unsure until things are removed.)

Nevertheless thank god we are good

Back