Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

Sorry about your accident man. Glad you guys are alright. Your insurance will fix that. I mean it's a decent amount of damage, but I can't see them totaling the car based on what you've said is damaged. Hang in there.

Reactions: Tak
Not sure if this is my last post of my build. My baby and I were shocked during impact. We were released from hospital.

Trunk lid, bumper, taillight all gone. It looks the left quarter panel is slightly damaged (I'm unsure until things are removed.)

Nevertheless thank god we are good

Sorry to see that but glad to hear everyone is okay! Hope the car gets fixed too :)

Danny

Glad to hear you're alright. Shouldn't be enough to total the car though like @webby said. It's normal to get soon up a bit after an accident, just take care of business for now. Look forward to the headlight retro when it's done

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Damn man. I like ur car. From the pic looks like ur kid isn't to happy bout the damage either. But seriously, glad ur alright man. Scary stuff especially with ur little bambino in the back. Stay up man.

I just dropped my car to the geico shop. I know the mechanic and spoke with him. It's gonna get totaled but closed to it depending how the adjuster does the math.
If it's gonna get repaired, i m sure they will replace all the stuffs around the trunk. how does it work in this situation where I have the spoiler? Should i ask them to do the reinstallation or not? In addition, i m also sure the bumper needs to be replaced as well. I have si bumper now. Will they replace the si bumper or stock LX bumper?

By the way, my son is active now and wants to play. So he is good except his father, who is exhausted and body is feeling sore.

Hope to stay in the Honda's game longer.

Thanks,

Will the insurance pay for the shop to do installation of the mugen wing? Just do you think they just install the trunk lid and call it a day?
What should i ask?

Thanks again.

Call the repair shop and just tell them that they need to make sure they order specific parts for you since you've replaced things. Tell them they need to order the si sedan bumper from whatever year. (Shouldn't be a big difference in cost anyway, and paint wouldn't change that). You don't need to tell them about the spoiler. They'll just put it back on if they replace the trunk or whatever. They just bill insurance for labor/parts. They don't care what they order parts wise. You just have to make sure you communicate what needs ordered when they do the estimates.

My civic is survived again. It won't get totaled. The only severe damage is the rear trunk panel, which will be replaced. The si bumper will be also replaced by the insurance as well. To keep the cost low, the trunk lid will be repaired only and the tail light will be using after market.

Will my car drive the same after this damage?

Thanks

Attachments

• 1c6727bc15c741d89c831dc099c6ae5f_904504431080_PHOTOS__Page_0012_Image_0001.jpg
    1c6727bc15c741d89c831dc099c6ae5f_904504431080_PHOTOS__Page_0012_Image_0001.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 18
It should drive the same, but don't let the insurance company put in poor quality parts to save a buck. If they aren't doing the repairs correctly, call them out on it. It's your car, don't let them screw you over.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Woohoo! Glad it turned out okay
I'm happy that the shop did a great job. For example, I know they repaired the trunk lid and I don't even notice where the damage was.
Now I will try to get a minivan soon. The minivan will be the main family daily. This will keep my civic's life longer.

That was a quick repair turnaround! It looks good.
Yes. Very quick. The shop said the frame/ rail is straight so no extra pulling work was needed. The main work was just a direct rear body panel removed and installed and fixed up a bit on left QT panel adjacent to rear body panel.

Back