Full Race Exhaust Rattle...

The rear mount is super easy. You'll easily spend more time jacking the car up than installing the mount. I have the Hasport 62a and find it is acceptable for daily driving. Most of the noticeable added vibration is at idle and while starting from a stop. After a while you hardly notice it.

The cable bushings are also cake if you've already put in a CAI. Just be careful not to bend/kink the cables. I caught myself leaning on one pretty hard while installing the other. No damage in my case, but still pays to be careful.

Oh, and winter is the perfect time to do this stuff, that way it's ready for summer and you can enjoy your work!

Sweet. I think you have convinced me without doubt. I am buying a house this spring, and am really looking forward to having a garage of my own to work in!

Got the new hanger a couple days ago. Held it up to the other poly hanger and it looks like it should be a perfect fit as the holes are spaced farther apart. I haven't had a chance to crawl under again (it's been raining here and I don't feel like getting soaked), but I'm 99% sure it'll fit just fine.

Got the new hanger a couple days ago. Held it up to the other poly hanger and it looks like it should be a perfect fit as the holes are spaced farther apart. I haven't had a chance to crawl under again (it's been raining here and I don't feel like getting soaked), but I'm 99% sure it'll fit just fine.

Sweet, just let me know if they eliminate it. And I will go ahead and order a set of my own

Sweet, just let me know if they eliminate it. And I will go ahead and order a set of my own

Get the rear motor mount done first. I have no rattles most of the time with mine with the stock hanger (was really bad for a while when the rear exhaust hanger came loose though!)...

It may be a while before I put the poly mount on just because it's wet out and with the factory hanger properly installed I'm not getting rattling on the street (I do on the track though, probably because the exhaust gets hot and things expand/move around)...

Get the rear motor mount done first. I have no rattles most of the time with mine with the stock hanger (was really bad for a while when the rear exhaust hanger came loose though!)...

It may be a while before I put the poly mount on just because it's wet out and with the factory hanger properly installed I'm not getting rattling on the street (I do on the track though, probably because the exhaust gets hot and things expand/move around)...

Hmm you bring up a good point, I wonder if any of my oem hangers have become loose at all

I have Full race exhaust and usually when the exhaust gets hot I experience some rattles at idle. Also when driving over a speed bump or uneven pavement it feels like the exhaust is hitting the body. Any solution for that guys?:hmmm?:

I'd suggest trying the poly rear hanger I linked to previously in this thread. The oval one. It is much stiffer than the stock hanger and while I haven't put mine on yet, It cannot do anything but help. Famous last words! ;-) What I found is that you just have to mess with the alignment a lot and give up on ever having the tail pipe come anywhere close to being centered in the rear though... Maybe the poly hanger will help with that too...

EDIT: Last thought... It's an absolutely beautiful exhaust and well made, but adjusting it makes me want to kill myself.

I even thought about taking a cutoff wheel, and just shortening the back hangers a little. But idk Ill probably try poly hangers before I do that

I am having the same issue that the OP has. Muffler hits and rattles against that rear hanger mount down in the picture. I have a hasport rear motor mount and Full Race DP/Exhaust

Attachments

• IMG_20171024_173133.jpg
    IMG_20171024_173133.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 25
I am having the same issue that the OP has. Muffler hits and rattles against that rear hanger mount down in the picture. I have a hasport rear motor mount and Full Race DP/Exhaust
I cannot tell from the picture, but from my experience, the two places the exhaust will rattle is the heat shield around the midpipe and the exhaust canister hitting the rear spring.

You can see it in the picture. The muffler hits the middle hanger mount. (See that little gap?) It also hits the rear spring lol

You could try heating up the hanger on the exhaust and bending it a little and moving the rubber support further away from the exhaust. That might get you enough of a clearance so it won't hit it anymore. Mine was also hitting the rear spring, I just adjusted the hanger on that as well.

I have a skunk2 dp and catback and also had alot of exhaust rattle.
It was hitting at all the same spots as everyone mentions, the muffler and the heat shield bolts.
The middle hanger near the resonator was sitting too close to the bottom of the car.
Probably spent a good 4-5 hours trying to adjust hangers and I have yet to hear a rattle.

I had the same issue with Full race DP/Exhaust. It rattled horribly against the rear control arm. When the exhaust got hot, the marshmallow stock hangers would sag and reak havoc on my exhaust. Bought a set of Torque solutions Poly hangers (full set, all 3) and put them on. Rattle is completely gone, sounds like OEM fitment. Been rattle free now for 6 mos. Hangers are no doubt the issue. Good luck!

My muffler just stareted rattling for the first time a few days ago. Weird. Gonna have to go take a look.

I had the same issue with Full race DP/Exhaust. It rattled horribly against the rear control arm. When the exhaust got hot, the marshmallow stock hangers would sag and reak havoc on my exhaust. Bought a set of Torque solutions Poly hangers (full set, all 3) and put them on. Rattle is completely gone, sounds like OEM fitment. Been rattle free now for 6 mos. Hangers are no doubt the issue. Good luck!
Did you have to remove the exhaust or you just replaced the hanger with the exhaust installed?

Did you have to remove the exhaust or you just replaced the hanger with the exhaust installed?
I removed exhaust from the DP because I figured it would make my life easier. Theyre very stiff hangers so they required a lot of PB blaster to get them onto exhaust itself. I probably could have done it while the exhaust was still bolted on, but the perpendicular hanger just in front of the control arm would have been a severe PITA to try to wiggle on and off. It wasnt a whole lot more work to just take the exhaust off.

I removed exhaust from the DP because I figured it would make my life easier. Theyre very stiff hangers so they required a lot of PB blaster to get them onto exhaust itself. I probably could have done it while the exhaust was still bolted on, but the perpendicular hanger just in front of the control arm would have been a severe PITA to try to wiggle on and off. It wasnt a whole lot more work to just take the exhaust off.

I know this is an old post, but I will definitely have to try these hangers as well! My Yonaka exhaust rattles horribly once the car warms up :(

I know this is an old post, but I will definitely have to try these hangers as well! My Yonaka exhaust rattles horribly once the car warms up :(

your more then likely gonna have to take it to a muffler shop. My k tuned hits my sway bar and makes me want to slaughter kittens when I’m at idol lol. I think I’m just gonna have to bang it in a bit with a hammer.

have u cut off the bolt stud on the heat shield directly underneath the car? Cause that’s gonna cause a wicked rattle.

Nah. No need to take it to a shop. My only issue has been the hangers being to soft after a few years and hitting my lowering spring.

Just get the stiffer hangers and you should be good.

Back