Acuity throttle pedal spacer

JonnyRotten

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
coupe
I'm kind of surprised that nobody has posted anything about this new product from Acuity.
I'll be getting one in the very near future.
I think this is yet another amazing product from Acuity to greatly increase the drivability of the 9th Gen Civic.
Let us know if you've already installed one.
:feedback:

I for one cannot downshift without blipping the throttle to rev-match the engine so the downshifts are smooth.
I've always wished that my brake pedal and throttle pedal were closer together. I can't count the number of times that my foot has slipped off the pedals.

I want one so bad but all my money saved for the car at this point is to go f/i.

Pull the trigger on one, test it out and convince me to buy it.

This would make heel-toe so much easier. It is possible without but really difficult. I think I might get one for next year rather than aftermarket pedals.

This would make heel-toe so much easier. It is possible without but really difficult. I think I might get one for next year rather than aftermarket pedals.

I do weird heel toe, it’s more like a side foot blip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do weird heel toe, it’s more like a side foot blip

Yeah that's how I do it too. Sometimes I miss the gas pedal if I move my foot to far on to the brake pedal though.

I only do that if I’m braking too hard lol

I do the side foot blip as well.
I hate it when my foot slips off of the gas pedal cuz it makes me look like a noob. Lol

I do the side foot blip as well.
I hate it when my foot slips off of the gas pedal cuz it makes me look like a noob. Lol

Struggle is real, i usually drive my car only to work so I wear my boots making it so much easier! But if I drive it over the weekend it’s hard with normal shoes cause it’s shorter and not as wide lol

For anyone who already has the Acuity Throttle Pedal Spacer, I'm curious to know what position you use for mounting the pedal.
A, B, or C?
I'm trying B to start with.

For anyone who already has the Acuity Throttle Pedal Spacer, I'm curious to know what position you use for mounting the pedal.
A, B, or C?
I'm trying B to start with.
After trying position B, I switched to position C.
I like position C better.
I still need to get used to the new pedal position especially after driving my car with the stock pedal position for 3 years.

I was a beta tester for it and have had the prototype unit on my car for 3 months or so. I have had the production unit on my car now for at least 2 months. Any questions, let me know.

Kinda surprised how many people can't heel toe.... Are you guys sitting too close? or maybe its because I wear size 13 shoes and i'm 6ft lol. Not going to lie, it took me a while to learn how to heel toe and my civic is my first manual so I had to learn how to drive a stick first.

Right there with you @ron v. I also wear a size 9 and if I don't position my foot just right one the brake pedal, I miss the gas pedal.

I installed this earlier in the year but haven't really been practicing. I had my spacer on the "B" setting at first where the pedal is positioned closer and made just about level with the brake pedal, but I struggled because the gas pedal was positioned too high to blip the throttle while braking. I now have it on "C," which keeps the pedal to the left the same as "B," but is only a bit higher than stock.

I noticed my struggle is trying to heel-toe in normal driving/braking conditions. I'm sure it would come with practice, but under normal driving, it's hard for me to apply consistent braking pressure and at the same time try to blip the throttle without accidentally jabbing the brakes a bit more.

I like b. A is a little too aggressive for me but if ur going to the track or something. I like b cause it isn’t overbearing( it can feel weird when driving around town). B did take a lot of getting used though...

Back