Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

89, I don’t got money for dat 91 rn lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you tracked your mileage on a tank of 89 versus premium? While it will cost you around $1 a tank to run premium, your mpg should improve.

If you achieved 2mpg better with premium across a 12 gallon fill up, you’d travel 24 extra miles at the cost of ~$1.00.

If you normally get say 30mpg at the cost of ~$2.60?, the cost of premium is worth using. The engine would be cleaner, and you’d actually be getting the full power potential of the engine without the ecu adjusting for lower octane fuel.

What if one was to mix a little bit of 100 in with 91? Would you see any benefit if not tuned for this mixture? All the threads I read on this subject turn into **** shows.

Lol, yeah people get pretty heated about that for some reason. I would imagine there would be some gain, but how much is the question I guess.

You wouldn’t see a benefit. Most “race fuel” rated at 100+ octane runs 7-8+ dollars a gallon at most stations. If you were tuned for it you could definitely increase your hp/tq figures on a dyno though.

It’s 8.50 where I live. My injectors came in a couple days ago so I’ll be e85’n it hopefully by the end of the year.

I finally got around to doing the selector springs. I had to take my engine mount bolts off because I have the Skunk2 battery relocate. I was scepticle at first but my goodness what an improvement. Acuity knob should be here tomorrow to complete the kit. :)

6922A1FC-2863-43B1-89DE-A52649E80135.jpeg 158E1B5E-4640-4573-BC53-B75E3C84BF5C.jpeg

You can use the stock boot if you want @mazda_lexus it fits just fine but just like @ron v I also didn't want to cover up this work of art.

Totally understandable! It looks nice and clean without it too! I just didn’t want to look down and see all the way to the frame but looking at the picture it looks like it doesn’t do that

Totally understandable! It looks nice and clean without it too! I just didn’t want to look down and see all the way to the frame but looking at the picture it looks like it doesn’t do that

No you don't really see a lot.
Have a look at the pictures I've attached. You're basically looking down at the shifter assembly but with a plastic cover surrounding it.
My only word of caution. If you decide to go without a shift boot, be very careful you don't drop anything down there. You don't want to have to try and fish it out or have to take the covers off to get it out. That would be a real PITA.
IMG_2546.JPG IMG_2554.JPG IMG_2555.JPG

Every time someone gets in my car the first thing they ask is what’s up with ur shifter. Lol. I like the way it looks without the boot but if I do put one on it more then likely won’t be the stock one. I’ve taken that center piece that goes around the shifter off so much it pops off with my fingers now. Just from dropping stuff down there and having to retrieve it.

@JonnyRotten is that a heavy shift knob u have?

Back