Official Meaty fitment / Functional thread

235/40 all seasons would get my vote. Nothing really performs well as a summer and winter tire. The rubber compounds are too different to handle the temperature extremes to do well in either. An all-season will give you ok performance in any condition. There are some high end all seasons out there that would probably be just fine though.

2 sets of wheels and 2 sets of tires is the way to go if you still have your stock wheels.

I have the stock rims, is this a good size to get since my stock tires are bald af now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the stock rims, is this a good size to get since my stock tires are bald af now

Yeah. 225/45 or 235/40 are both options if you want a little wider tire.

Yeah. 225/45 or 235/40 are both options if you want a little wider tire.

Yeah I want wider before I go lower later..better grip I suppose ? I wish I knew more about tires and wheels lol

Well stock was 215 wide on the 2012 si.
215/45-17

The first number “215” is the width in millimeters.

215mm or like 8.47 inches wide.
225mm is 8.86 inches wide
235mm is 9.25 inches wide

So going from a 215 tire to a 235 is roughly 3/4” wider in total. Since the tire will center on the rim, you’re essentially 3/8” wider on the inside and 3/8” wider on outside towards the fender.

You can look at comparisons on sites like
https://tiresize.com/comparison/

It’ll let you put in the stock size, and then other sizes to compare widths and diameter. The diameter is the big thing to keep a look at so that the new tires don’t mess up your speedometer reading. A tire too tall or short will make your speedo inaccurate. Those sizes mentioned in my last post would work for you though.

Well stock was 215 wide on the 2012 si.
215/45-17

The first number “215” is the width in millimeters.

215mm or like 8.47 inches wide.
225mm is 8.86 inches wide
235mm is 9.25 inches wide

So going from a 215 tire to a 235 is roughly 3/4” wider in total. Since the tire will center on the rim, you’re essentially 3/8” wider on the inside and 3/8” wider on outside towards the fender.

You can look at comparisons on sites like
https://tiresize.com/comparison/

It’ll let you put in the stock size, and then other sizes to compare widths and diameter. The diameter is the big thing to keep a look at so that the new tires don’t mess up your speedometer reading. A tire too tall or short will make your speedo inaccurate. Those sizes mentioned in my last post would work for you though.

You’re the best

I've been doing a lot of thinking about going to a meaty setup for DD, and wanted opinion/guidance about fit. I've got all-seasons on the OE wheels (18x7.5 +47), and some new Conti Extreme Sports on Konig Inception 18x8 +40 wheels for summer/autocross. Both tire sets are 225/40-18.

I like how the Konigs sit more flush than the OE wheels, but want a much lighter wheel and go to 17" for a little more sidewall, for DD.

I like the Konig Rennform and Ultraform, from what I've seen; and wonder how a 17x8 +45 would look wrapped in 245/40-17 Conti DWS 06s. I'm thinking these wheels would fall between the OEs and the Inceptions in "flushness", but feel the meaty tire could use the room. I know these will be very slightly shorter overall than the 18s, but I'm not concerned about the difference. Wanting 245/40 over 225/45 for more rubber on the road, and know that's the max a 17x8 can handle safely.

I'm on Swift Spec-Rs, and have the SPC rear camber arms installed.

Thought, opinion, guidance from those that have walked this path already?

I've been doing a lot of thinking about going to a meaty setup for DD, and wanted opinion/guidance about fit. I've got all-seasons on the OE wheels (18x7.5 +47), and some new Conti Extreme Sports on Konig Inception 18x8 +40 wheels for summer/autocross. Both tire sets are 225/40-18.

I like how the Konigs sit more flush than the OE wheels, but want a much lighter wheel and go to 17" for a little more sidewall, for DD.

I like the Konig Rennform and Ultraform, from what I've seen; and wonder how a 17x8 +45 would look wrapped in 245/40-17 Conti DWS 06s. I'm thinking these wheels would fall between the OEs and the Inceptions in "flushness", but feel the meaty tire could use the room. I know these will be very slightly shorter overall than the 18s, but I'm not concerned about the difference. Wanting 245/40 over 225/45 for more rubber on the road, and know that's the max a 17x8 can handle safely.

I'm on Swift Spec-Rs, and have the SPC rear camber arms installed.

Thought, opinion, guidance from those that have walked this path already?

235/40/17 will be best for that setup. I've had all sorts of setups on my car, from 215's all the way to 255's. 235 is the happy middle ground.

Straight MEAT!
22500109_255969064928437_1267315686498107392_n.jpg

235/40/17 will be best for that setup. I've had all sorts of setups on my car, from 215's all the way to 255's. 235 is the happy middle ground.

Gabe, with that said, would +45 or +35 offset work best on a 17x8” wheel?

Last edited:
Either should work fine. 235/40 is smaller than stock so you get a little more clearance.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for that! I’m wondering how the +35 will look...I want close to flush, but no poke, hellaflush, or whatever.

Gabe, with that said, would +45 or +35 offset work best on a 17x8” wheel?

Thanks for that! I’m wondering how the +35 will look...I want close to flush, but no poke, hellaflush, or whatever.

Here's my car with a 17x8 +35 with a 235/40/17:
13960910913_81a08128d7_b.jpg

Only had remove the upper most fender tab of the front fender liner. No drama in the rear.

Thanks very much guys! Y’all really help me zero in on what fits the look I want!

How much are the cars lowered in those photos? I’m only dropped like 1.2” front, and 1” rear (Swift springs).

Thanks very much guys! Y’all really help me zero in on what fits the look I want!

How much are the cars lowered in those photos? I’m only dropped like 1.2” front, and 1” rear (Swift springs).
you'd be closer to the white sedan pictured above

Has anyone got a picture of say.....a +20 offset on a coupe? I've got some...ideas. I know I'll have to run flares, so I'm ok with that. Just having a hard time finding pics

Back