8th Gen GTOTT’s FG1 adventure.

e364ef73fc937240a2fd344ec126bdba.jpg

Right here correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m looking at an exhaust and suspension in the next few months, who should I go with? I see Skunk makes an option for both and I’ve heard of them before.

Truthfully, the best thing you'd actually see hp/tq gains would be from a downpipe and a custom tune with flashpro or ktuner. The car will continue to adjust air/fuel without a custom tune. An exhaust on the r18 really will not product gains besides being louder.

Truthfully, the best thing you'd actually see hp/tq gains would be from a downpipe and a custom tune with flashpro or ktuner. The car will continue to adjust air/fuel without a custom tune. An exhaust on the r18 really will not product gains besides being louder.

Down pipe that replaces the cat? I would be doing it for sound not really performance

I’ve started hearing a new interesting sound, this car is an automatic transmission, but I have an almost throw out bearing like noise at very low speed’s that goes away if I press the gas pedal

So I was told that I should steer clear of the big intakes that run down towards the fender because they can get flooded easily if I have to go through water or rain. Is this true?

this is for the si sedan, but you get the idea of what it's like to remove the resonator. Most cold air intakes go to that same spot, which is roughly 1ft off the ground. So if you're driving through really deep water, you'd have the potential of submerging the intake filter. It sits about at the top of your brake caliper

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/resonator-delete-si-sedan.4811/

That seems completely fine to me, I live in Georgia so the rain really is not that bad

Quick update, the fog light kit came in and I’m pretty impressed, for $78 off an eBay seller everything seems to be pretty well constructed. I made the mistake yesterday of going to Carmax and driving a FG4 SI sedan, needless to say it was quite disappointing to go back to my automatic EX. I really don’t want to get rid of this car because of the sentimental value, but how slow it is is killing me, I like the idea of the Kraftwerks supercharger kit but I’m afraid the first time I hit burst and that my transmission will shatter light glass. Does anybody know how strong the FG want to automatic transmissions are?

Imo and I’m sure others will agree. I wouldn’t spend money on trying to make your car faster. Sure you’ll gain a bit but nothing substantial unless you really wanna spend some dough. I know there’s a couple turbo r18 builds in the forum somewhere.

I wouldn’t think of trading in your car for a si as a sentimental loss. Rather it’s something you wanted and gained thanks to your aunt.

Keep us updated.

So I still have the car and I’m gonna keep it for a long time, I’m going to get an Intake, Hondata flash and possibly the cam shaft. I’ve muffler deleted the car and it sounds really good so I’m happy there

Long time no see, not much has changed since the muffler delete I’ve added an Injen intake and that’s about it. Need brakes again soon so I’ll be looking at Hawk, don’t like the way my last two sets of EBC’s have lasted. I’ve eclipsed 100k miles so I’m sure they are somethings I need to look at soon. Need to definitely do shocks and struts not sure if I’ll do bilsteins and Eibach lowering springs or full coil overs I definitely want to keep this comfy since I have the Miata to play with but I do want more cornering ability.

Long time no see, not much has changed since the muffler delete I’ve added an Injen intake and that’s about it. Need brakes again soon so I’ll be looking at Hawk, don’t like the way my last two sets of EBC’s have lasted. I’ve eclipsed 100k miles so I’m sure they are somethings I need to look at soon. Need to definitely do shocks and struts not sure if I’ll do bilsteins and Eibach lowering springs or full coil overs I definitely want to keep this comfy since I have the Miata to play with but I do want more cornering ability.

Whoa! Welcome back.

Back