Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Basically replacement bulbs no ballast thankfully lol

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
The new bulbs next to the drivers side HID, so much less clutter
a721076048bc172cd47afd1a139c8399.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Even on the stock sway bars?

Even on the stock sway bars. You mess with the geometry in there and cause things to act a little differently when you lower the car.

The sway bar is meant to be flat in a neutral position, if it's not, it's effectively softening/stiffening the suspension. If you drop the car 2", leave the sway bar and end links alone, you're softening up the suspension. That means, in cornering it's going to want to roll more. It's fine if you're driving around in a lowered car "low and slow", but if you wanted to push the car, you're going to have more body roll than you previously had without the change. So, if you drop your car onto a new set of coilovers and you're going out to take the car out on a drive with heavy cornering, you're going to understeer more as you softened that setup up. Ideally, you want the bar in the neutral position (ends level with the ground). With the adjustments in most bars, you can soften and stiffen by changing which hole you put the end link bolt through. You can do that also by adjusting the length of the end links.

With stock or close-to-stock ride height and aggressive driving, a thicker sway bar with stock length end links will be stiffening the suspension. If you shorten the end links, that's going to stiffen the suspension more, if you increase the end link length, it'll soften it up, assuming the sway bar is constant. It's another means of fine-tuning the compliance in the setup. 95% of the people won't car. The other 5% has a certain segment that takes their cars to tracks and know this information, the rest of the people are people who enjoy driving their car around, occasionally having fun with it and pushing it (most of us here) and it's merely a curiosity and fascination.

Haha right! Ive had a downpipe for a while, but I feel more parts may be soon on the way. lol

One personal recommendation. Just go full fbo right off the bat to save money on retuning the car. Ur gonna get the hunger. Trust me man. Can’t wait to see what u do. Do u have a build thread yet?

One personal recommendation. Just go full fbo right off the bat to save money on retuning the car. Ur gonna get the hunger. Trust me man. Can’t wait to see what u do. Do u have a build thread yet?

Thank you @ron v, I was definitely thinking of that route. Next check I will probably go ahead and pull the trigger on a 3.5 intake, and maybe a exhaust, but I don't like the price tags because I'm a cheapo... lol. My pockets are definitely starting to feel it! But no sir, I haven't starting one. I need to get on it ha.

Dp with tune will definitely open the car up and add a nice sound to it with stock exhaust. I was 192-3 whp after a vit tune with the catless dp if I remember correctly. Cant remember if I had anything else.

From ur avatar ur Civic looks nice!

Всем привет! Есть ли кто-нибудь с Flashpro на R18 9-го поколения? Нагнетатель установлен, и мне нужна помощь. Я новичок, и надеюсь, вы скажете мне или направитесь в правильную ветку. Благодаря. Все гладкие дороги!_ldnreBrLIo.jpg

Всем привет! Есть ли кто-нибудь с Flashpro на R18 9-го поколения? Нагнетатель установлен, и мне нужна помощь. Я новичок, и надеюсь, вы скажете мне или направитесь в правильную ветку. Благодаря. Все гладкие дороги!View attachment 57280
per google translate:
Hello! Is there anyone with Flashpro on the R18 9th generation? The supercharger is installed, and I need help. I am a newbie, and I hope you will tell me or go to the right branch. Thanks. All smooth roads!

=====

hey banshik, what supercharger or kit did you use on your civic? There aren't any kits available in the united states that bolt on to the r18 engine. There is only one person I know of that tried installing one from the previous generation of civics, and that was @Jake LXer , but he ran into a lot of issues. He was online last week.

If you're looking for someone to actually tune the car for you, you could contact https://vittuned.com/tuning-services.html

I don't know if he's tuned anyone in Russia, or if there are any differences to your ECU. He would be able to help.

Dp with tune will definitely open the car up and add a nice sound to it with stock exhaust. I was 192-3 whp after a vit tune with the catless dp if I remember correctly. Cant remember if I had anything else.

From ur avatar ur Civic looks nice!

That sounds great! I think I just want to do bolt ons and have a "peppy" car. Not sure if I want to go FI. But thank you sir! I need to get better pics, because all mine are from my phone at the moment. Ha.

[QUOTE = "webby, post: 424681, участник: 1"] per google translate:
Здравствуйте! Есть ли кто-нибудь с Flashpro на 9-м поколении R18? Нагнетатель установлен, и мне нужна помощь. Я новичок, и надеюсь, вы скажете мне или поедете в нужную ветку. Благодарю. Все гладкие дороги!

=====

эй баншик, какой нагнетатель или комплект ты использовали на своем гражданском? В США нет доступных комплектов, которые подключаются к двигателю r18. Есть только один человек, который я знаю о том, что это было [USER = 62035] @Jake LXer [/ USER], но он столкнулся с множеством проблем. Он был онлайн на прошлой неделе.

Если вы ищете кого-то, кто действительно настроит автомобиль для вас, вы можете связаться с https://vittuned.com/tuning-services.html

Я не знаю, настроил ли он кого-либо в России, или есть какие-то отличия от вашего ECU. Он сможет помочь. [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "webby, post: 424681, участник: 1"] per google translate:
Здравствуйте! Есть ли кто-нибудь с Flashpro на 9-м поколении R18? Нагнетатель установлен, и мне нужна помощь. Я новичок, и надеюсь, вы скажете мне или поедете в нужную ветку. Благодарю. Все гладкие дороги!

=====

эй баншик, какой нагнетатель или комплект ты использовал на своем гражданском? В США нет доступных комплектов, которые подключаются к двигателю r18. Есть только один человек, которого я знаю о том, что пытался установить его из предыдущего поколения гражданских лиц, и это было [USER = 62035] @Jake LXer [/ USER], но он столкнулся с множеством проблем. Он был онлайн на прошлой неделе.

Если вы ищете кого-то, кто действительно настроит автомобиль для вас, вы можете связаться с https://vittuned.com/tuning-services.html

Я не знаю, настроил ли он кого-либо в России, или есть какие-то отличия от вашего ECU. Он сможет помочь. [/ QUOTE]

Спасибо за ваш контакт, я буду использовать его.

Я использовал Rotrex C30-84. Castom собрал ребята из R2Racing. В общем, нет проблем с установкой, все работает. При 0,5 бар имеем 228 Нр / 252 Нм. Трудность в другом месте, для Hondata мне пришлось установить US ECU, и с этим Vtec начал работать некорректно.

Получается так, что на R18 9-й Civic euro ivtec работает так же, как и на R18 8-го поколения. В то время как на R18 9-й USDM ivtec работает как на моделях классического старого vtec серии B-серии. И, в конце концов, там, где гондаты должны включать режим питания, я включаю режим эко))

Как это возможно, я не понимаю, но так говорят о hondata. Я хочу понять разницу между двигателем R18 USDM и R18 Euro. Приносим извинения, если что-то неясно, иногда работает переводчик Google)))

Back