Putting bumper guards on front and rear bumper of my new Civic?

RiverSide

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I just bought a 2012 Honda Civic LX last week and I'm thinking about putting bumper guards on the front and rear bumpers. It's something like this:

rear_bumper_guard_final_A_XL.jpg

My old 1998 Honda Civic has a lot of scratches on the front and rear bumper. So I was hoping to get bumper guards to protect my new Civic from scratches. However, I don't know how reliable these bumper guards are. I'm also worried if the 3M tape is going to remove the paint or leave sticky residue when I remove the bumper guards. What do you guys think? Should I put these bumper guards on? Any input is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I take it you have the sedan? I personally wouldn't put those on the car, but ultimately that's your choice. I don't think it would look very good, and the color is not going to match honda paint. Is there a reason you have so many scratches on your 98?

Last edited:
Welcome.........
I agree with webby
But..... To answer some of you questions, in case you want to install it anyway..... If you can't find matching colours, then you might try a contrasting colour... as far as it sticking and peeling off paint should you remove it, there is a chance it could peel, but there's been a lot of ppl that have taken off side moldings that haven't hurt the paint...... and after the molding is off, there's a product called "GooGone"....... Working to take off stuff, ppl have used dental floss, same goes for de-badging things like Civic, etc.

Do you have an actual pic of the bumper guard you would be looking to get? How wide is it? How much of the bumper will it really protect?

Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I just bought a 2012 Honda Civic LX last week and I'm thinking about putting bumper guards on the front and rear bumpers. It's something like this:

rear_bumper_guard_final_A_XL.jpg

My old 1998 Honda Civic has a lot of scratches on the front and rear bumper. So I was hoping to get bumper guards to protect my new Civic from scratches. However, I don't know how reliable these bumper guards are. I'm also worried if the 3M tape is going to remove the paint or leave sticky residue when I remove the bumper guards. What do you guys think? Should I put these bumper guards on? Any input is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I have those exact ones the 2" ones front and back. they also have a 1" one, I wanted maximum protection. They will match your civic color for you exactly. mine is that metallic silver/grey. looks great. you'd think it came with the car! and they give you a large roll and its not expensive. its already come in handy. i think its the best one out there. give them a call. they are very friendly and fast shipping

Back