The Unboxing

I'll be buying the intake in a few weeks and I would like to put a water resistant layer as well for peace of mind.
I have used a Injen Hydro Shield before and never had any issues.
Would you know the dimensions of the filter? I might be able to find one that would be the correct size.

Okay so i got it dyno'd with the 3" catted dp. I showed very little gains in the graph. I picked up tq all thru the curve and topped off with +4whp after 4000rpm.
I would post before and after results but my files are to large and am at work so i have no way of changing it here.
if a mod wants me to send them the photos so they can fix my issues that would be great.
Also just for an update, i just purchased a new intake manifold so i will be able to see how changing the im will effect the power lvl and curve compared to the oem one.
I also am in a unique position that i have an RV-6 catted dp and a k-tuned 3" Dp. So if anyone wants to help me out and do some testing, we can make it happen.

Not sure when i will have the rest of the mods to install the Im so it may take a few months as i need new tires for the new rims i just got back from PC'ing

Okay so i got it dyno'd with the 3" catted dp. I showed very little gains in the graph. I picked up tq all thru the curve and topped off with +4whp after 4000rpm.
I would post before and after results but my files are to large and am at work so i have no way of changing it here.
if a mod wants me to send them the photos so they can fix my issues that would be great.
Also just for an update, i just purchased a new intake manifold so i will be able to see how changing the im will effect the power lvl and curve compared to the oem one.
I also am in a unique position that i have an RV-6 catted dp and a k-tuned 3" Dp. So if anyone wants to help me out and do some testing, we can make it happen.

Not sure when i will have the rest of the mods to install the Im so it may take a few months as i need new tires for the new rims i just got back from PC'ing

I would of expected more gains from the downpipe but also the fact that it is catted might not have helped..
I had my car on the dyno with just a 3" catless downpipe and tuned by vit and was at 190whp/161wtq.

I will be putting on the RBC manifold and this intake in a few weeks, can't wait!

My First dyno i did it came in at 163whp, with the RV-6 DP, Sk2 Cai and a q300 exhaust i was at 190whp and with e new 3" dp 7 the acuity CAi it put me at 194whp. tuned by Vit

I honestly think it is my intake manifold that is restricting the flow now. The 4whp jump is seen all the time when going from a 2.5dp to a 3" or 8 without a cat

I honestly think it is my intake manifold that is restricting the flow now. The 4whp jump is seen all the time when going from a 2.5dp to a 3" or 8 without a cat

That's true, didn't realize you went from 2.5" to 3" as well..
I'm sure that you've seen the dyno tests that RCautoworks has done with the PRL/skunk2/Acuity intakes?
These tests were done on a stock intake manifold if I remember correctly, kinda makes you wonder why you aren't seeing a difference..

Well, i might be able to answer that,

Vit knows what i am looking for in my tune. He and i have spoken via email about the type of driving i will be doing.
This is not a "Race Car" yet. So it is on a mild dd tune. Not necessarily pushing the limits of the car. Truthfully that is fine for me, not everyone wants to push the limits of their vehicles. Can this car make more power, Yes. Once i go turbo it will make OOOOOdles of power. And then i will start pushing towards the 20lbs or bust limits.

until then, i will have a semi-loud Civic with only 1 Si badge and just work on my driver mod, lol

hope this helps,

RujoKinJal

Back