2012 Civic si oil consumption

If they aren’t going to do the work due to your mileage there is no point doing the consumption test. I don’t really think it’ll matter how you drive it that much either. It may lose a little more during high rpms, but I doubt it’s significant. I’d just keep driving the car and check your oil levels every 1k miles to see where it is on the dipstick. It’s reportedly 1 quart between the top fill mark and the minimum fill mark. Maybe the person who did the last oil change even screwed up and didn’t give you the proper amount. Only way to know is by monitoring it over the next few oil changes and see.

I was under the impression that tsb work didn't have a mileage limit. I took my moms pilot in for some tsb thing at like 197k.

From what I've read it varies depending on the tsb. Under this one it clearly states "normal warranty applies". It's also probably up to the dealer's discretion. Of course no shop is going to want to rebuild the bottom end of the engine for free. I priced the parts listed on the TSB yesterday and the subtotal was around $1000. Then there's 14 hours labor... I found engine rebuild kits for like $300 on eBay. They come with all the gaskets and pistons etc... Just not sure how great the quality of those are.

Back