2012 Civic Coupe EX Build

https://www.lendingtree.com/
Click on “auto loans” then “refinance”. Fill out your info, and countless banks will essentially give you quotes online. Can’t hurt to see what offers you may get.

I’d also pull your own credit report. You’re able to get your personal report once a year for free. Maybe look to see if anything in the report is inaccurate that is causing you to be denied.
AnnualCreditReport.com

It said there is no results for you at this time for Lending Tree. Only other option is just throw chunks of money at it to get it lower. Just hate to waste so much money going towards nothing.

It said there is no results for you at this time for Lending Tree. Only other option is just throw chunks of money at it to get it lower. Just hate to waste so much money going towards nothing.
If you pay down the loan faster than it’s scheduled to be paid, you will reduce the total interest paid. If you can throw an extra $ 50-100 (or whatever amount) at your loan each month it’ll add up. Make sure there is no prepayment fee or penalty on your loan though. Ask the company you’re paying right now about that. As long as you aren’t penalized for early payoff, you’ll save yourself some money.

If you pay down the loan faster than it’s scheduled to be paid, you will reduce the total interest paid.

I will go ahead and do this and try to pay it down as soon as I can. Once I pay it off I'll likely sell it and put money down towards a tenth gen or hold off and keep saving for the 11th gen Si.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I'm having issues with my A/C and not exactly sure what is wrong with it. It was cool/cold in low temperatures during the night and it was usual that it wouldn't work/barley worked during the hottest times of the day. It is now blowing hot air, nothing else. I took it to Firestone and they said I needed the A/C Expansion Valve, A new A/C Compressor (they said mine was shot (I haven't tested it so I don't know if it is dead or not)), an A/C Discharge Hose and the A/C Receiver Drier.

I tried putting some A/C pro in my car yesterday and my fans would kick on and off every few seconds and the same with the A/C Compressor. I do notice some leaking at the bottom so I think it might be the discharge hose. The gauge for the A/C Pro said 18 the whole time and wouldn't go up or down so not sure how much pressure is actually in there. Just looking for a second opinion on this or what it might be. I ordered the parts, but I don't know if I need all of it or not. They quoted me $2,200, but obviously I'd do the work myself, I just need more understanding of what I'm dealing with. I tried searching forums, but a lot of it is mostly for 8th gens. Thanks!

Hello everyone, I'm having issues with my A/C and not exactly sure what is wrong with it. It was cool/cold in low temperatures during the night and it was usual that it wouldn't work/barley worked during the hottest times of the day. It is now blowing hot air, nothing else. I took it to Firestone and they said I needed the A/C Expansion Valve, A new A/C Compressor (they said mine was shot (I haven't tested it so I don't know if it is dead or not)), an A/C Discharge Hose and the A/C Receiver Drier.

I tried putting some A/C pro in my car yesterday and my fans would kick on and off every few seconds and the same with the A/C Compressor. I do notice some leaking at the bottom so I think it might be the discharge hose. The gauge for the A/C Pro said 18 the whole time and wouldn't go up or down so not sure how much pressure is actually in there. Just looking for a second opinion on this or what it might be. I ordered the parts, but I don't know if I need all of it or not. They quoted me $2,200, but obviously I'd do the work myself, I just need more understanding of what I'm dealing with. I tried searching forums, but a lot of it is mostly for 8th gens. Thanks!

With an A/C that is blowing out hot air only my main concern would be "Do I have any refrigerant left in the system?". I see that Firestone quoted you on a whole bunch of parts but to be honest with you i think they are just "shotgunning" it, basically throwing parts at it hoping that one of it would fix your problem. What I would do is check for any signs of a leak, you can do a quick visual inspection by looking at your A/C components (e.g condenser, A/C lines, etc) if there is a leak present more than likely there will be a build up of dirt on that area. You can also go another step further and buy a UV light and shine it on the suspected leaking components as the oil they put in the AC systems usually have dye in them that will shine a green/highlighter yellow color when a UV light is shone on it. If you can't find any leaks on the outside there's a chance it could be leaking at the evaporator which is located inside your car and is a lot harder to get to, but lets stick with the basics first. If you can find a shop that would do an evacuation and recharge of the system it could give you a good idea of how much refrigerant is left in the system, the machine should also be able to do a leak test and pull a vacuum to see if your system holds a vacuum but since you topped it off with some A/C pro already the results might not be valid. Having an A/C gauge would be beneficial as well to see if the compressor is making any pressure, as the clutch kicks on and off the pressures should change. Many modern A/C systems also have a cut off switch built in that won't let the compressor run if there is too little refrigerant but also too much refrigerant. Just some things I would look at on my own before I throw down money for any parts. Wish you the best of luck !

I'll go ahead and pick up one of the lights for future references and to check this out. I already bought all the parts mentioned, I know it may be of a waste, but whats done is done. I do think it may be the discharge hose, but not entirely sure. I am just waiting on the A/C compressor that is coming tomorrow. I have the oil, but what I'm wondering is with all the parts I bought which pieces need oil and how much do they need? I also can't seem to find how much oil the new A/C compressor is going to need. Any manuals or resources someone could point me to would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

So I went ahead and switched everything over, except for the expansion valve since you all said I likely wouldn't need it. Plus it is in a spot that is just a pain to access. My ac is cold, but how long should it take for it to get colder because I know it is supposed to be at least up to a 40 degree difference. I put it on the lowest option to blow out air and it is just slightly cold. It should get colder as it is on... Thanks.

So I went ahead and switched everything over, except for the expansion valve since you all said I likely wouldn't need it. Plus it is in a spot that is just a pain to access. My ac is cold, but how long should it take for it to get colder because I know it is supposed to be at least up to a 40 degree difference. I put it on the lowest option to blow out air and it is just slightly cold. It should get colder as it is on... Thanks.

How cold is "cold" ? Depending on the ambient temperature and mainly the humidity of the environment you're in your A/C may perform poorly but, nevertheless an A/C system should normally blow around 40 ish degrees F plus or minus like maybe 5 degrees if anything. It should also blow cold almost right away once you install parts unless the car is sitting in very hot weather for a long period of time. Also I know you already installed the parts but to find out how much oil a system takes is a little bit of a guessing game but what I like to do is dump out the oil in the old compressor and do the same with the new compressor into a clear cup and then pour back the same amount of oil that came out of the old compressor into the new one with the oil that came out of the new one. Most of the time the parts come overfilled with oil and MAY cause problems further down the line. When you evacuate the system with a machine there's an oil drain bottle and you're supposed to watch how much oil it drained out and add back in the same amount it took out that's probably the most accurate way to do it.

Whether it is in park or if it is in drive the clutch and fans still turn off every so many seconds and then kick back on and it just blows warm air. I put in 4 ounces in the compressor which is what is required by the manual I read and what the Honda dealership also told me. I'm just not sure why I'm still having issues. I had my ac system vacuumed and there were no leaks or pressure build up. I had my ac recharged after that.

Whether it is in park or if it is in drive the clutch and fans still turn off every so many seconds and then kick back on and it just blows warm air. I put in 4 ounces in the compressor which is what is required by the manual I read and what the Honda dealership also told me. I'm just not sure why I'm still having issues. I had my ac system vacuumed and there were no leaks or pressure build up. I had my ac recharged after that.
Who recharged the system? Did they add the proper amount of refrigerant (by weight)? Also need to make sure there is no air on the system.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

do you still have your ac pro bottle to see what the gauge is reading now?

I don't recall the shop name, but he was mobile. I watched him vacuum the system and everything was clear. I don't know how much he put in the system as I'm not really familiar with too much regarding the A/C. However, after replacing everything I still seem to have the exact same problems with the exception of the a/c sometimes being slightly cold (not as as cold as it was before). I checked the gauge and it still says 18, but it said that before I did any work on it. I also added more of the can and it never moved up from 18 so I don't really understand it.

How much weight goes in? I believe the capacity is somewhere around 15-16 oz which would be about 1 pound?

Last edited:
Did he verify that the ac was blowing cold after the recharge?
Did you add refrigerant after he did? 15oz is correct
If the compressor is turning and you aren't getting cold air then it must be a charge problem.
If the clutch is not engaging then it must be electrical or pressure cut out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

He did verify and it was blowing cold at the time. My only concern is he said he "topped it off" by slowly pumping it into the system so it isn't overloaded into it. I did not add anything after that. During the day yesterday when it would kick on and off the air would go hot and when I turned the A/C on I never heard the A/C compressor kick on or kick off when it was turned off or on. Tonight I had my a/c running and it was pretty cold (47.0 degrees) and the outside temp was 75 so there was no issues there. I also heard a click from the compressor when I turned it off and on. The fans do still kick on and off every six seconds or so and so did the A/C compressor. I don't know if it is bad that it cuts out or if it should. That's my main concern at the moment since even though it is kicking on and off its not affecting the way my ac runs. Hopefully tomorrow things will run smooth. Thanks for the help guys.

image0.jpg

Gave her a wash.

Nice :woot:

With all the rain we've had here the past 3-4 months I should just throw a bucket of soap on my vehicles and let the rain do the rest of the work lol

Back