2015 Civic A/C and Door Lock Issues.

Sinub

Southern California
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
So my girlfriends car is having some issues. It's a 2015 Civic LX with 37,000 (just hit it today). The A/C is working intermittently and blows hot air at times. The door actuator on the front passenger door is going out and works sometimes so we have to manually close it by hand. The dealership is refusing to cover anything under warranty and Honda Corporate Customer Service wasn't much of help. I have a 1987 Crx Si and a 2012 Civic Si and without getting into more detail, the 2015 Civic's LX build quality hasn't been all the great(not sure if it's just our car or its common such as doors flexing when opening and closing the windows, weird clicking sound in reverse since it was new, and other small things.) and our other Honda's haven't had any of these issues, or issues at all mechanically or electrically withing the fist 100,000 miles.

Long story short, I'm a bit mad about this situation and that these parts (not cheap parts either) are failing at such low mileage and less than 3 years of purchasing the car. It really make's me think about what's going to happen down the road and about the headaches I might be getting with this car. Anyone have advice on taking care of this? At the end of the day I'll be doing the repairs rather than paying the dealership, but I don't pay for something I feel I shouldn't be having to pay for. TIA

Do you have other dealerships relatively close that you can call/visit? You say you’ve already talked to corporate, so beyond having another dealership cover it, ... I guess you’re stuck. Another option is not repairing anything and getting rid of the car?

Do you have other dealerships relatively close that you can call/visit? You say you’ve already talked to corporate, so beyond having another dealership cover it, ... I guess you’re stuck. Another option is not repairing anything and getting rid of the car?

I'm wishing we had gotten the Toyota Corolla my gf originally wanted. Haha. Maybe our next car purchase won't be a Honda. :(

Back