Official Computer Talk Thread

3+ minutes? :eek: I can't remember those days :giggle:

People still use external drives? Cloud Storage FTW :woot:
People shuck the drive out of the external enclosure and use them as internals. There are a billion YouTube videos on the process for various brands.

People shuck the drive out of the external enclosure and use them as internals. There are a billion YouTube videos on the process for various brands.

I did this years ago when the power plug on an external I had stopped working.

DlD8bqrUYAA366I.jpg:large

DlD8wQWX0AA6uzX.jpg:large

I like how they advertised one price on their presentation, but then they had higher pricing for preorders.

im going to take two of our "old and used" titan xp's when the 2080 ti's show up

I’ll wait to see what the performance reviews look like once they start coming out. I did just buy and water cool a 1080 after all.

Yeah never buy things before the reviews come out. Find good reviews. Not ones that people get paid to do..

i guess that is the beauty of working for my company, we get to buy all the new things and test for ourselves we literally have no budget when it comes to new tech

The IT people at my company...

Hi Foo, you have an old computer. We're replacing your i7-6600U laptop clocked at @2.6 GHz, with 16 GB of RAM to the new machine. The new machine is an i5-7300U at @2.6 GHz, and 8 GB of RAM.
Uh...guys...can I at least get 16 GB of RAM again?

Back