Engine and Suspension Mounts - Polyurethane 101

A lot of the newer Honda side mounts look like they are the fluid filled type to me. Sometimes a single mount can be all the difference you need. The lower rear is the place to start. After that decide how much vibration you're willing to tolerate.

Anybody know the weight difference between stock mounts and the aftermarket mounts available.

I have both upper and lower 70a's. I took the upper one off temporarily because it was a bit much for a dd. After removing it though I don't really wanna have to put it back on lol. Car handles way better and with both mounts wheel hop is gone and the car feels solid.

Great info, anybody has addressed the wheel hop problem? I only know one company that makes hardened rubber bushings but not poly, Hardrace is the brand.

Great info, anybody has addressed the wheel hop problem? I only know one company that makes hardened rubber bushings but not poly, Hardrace is the brand.
See the post above yours by @ron v . He said he got rid of wheel hop. Hasport and boomba both make mounts for the 9th gen

See the post above yours by @ron v . He said he got rid of wheel hop. Hasport and boomba both make mounts for the 9th gen

Thank you webby, I guess I didnt explained myself the right way, language barrier, I have innovative mounts in my civic 75A I was just thinking about the control arm bushings, to change them to poly :) anybody done this?

Oh sorry, that I don’t know. I know moog makes quite a few different bushings, but I’m not sure about any specifically for this civic.

Oh sorry, that I don’t know. I know moog makes quite a few different bushings, but I’m not sure about any specifically for this civic.

Thank you webby, I have been looking a lot, the only company I found was Hardrace, but they are hardened rubber which I dont know how much better they are from factory ones. I was wondering if the 8th gen civic LCA bushings fit the 9th gen, megan racing makes some but only for the 8th gen

Thank you webby, I have been looking a lot, the only company I found was Hardrace, but they are hardened rubber which I dont know how much better they are from factory ones. I was wondering if the 8th gen civic LCA bushings fit the 9th gen, megan racing makes some but only for the 8th gen

It wouldn’t hurt to reach out to Megan with an email and see if they’ve ever tested it to see if they are in fact different. That’s an easy thing you could do.

Edit-
Or even hardrace.... did they have them for the 8th gen and 9th gen? Different part numbers?

Back