Have a question about my civic

JLG7820

364919ae2149bb9187992c4ffa6e0221.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys I have a 2012 civic lx with about 72k miles. I am getting a vibration and noise when ever I got over 60 mph. Let me tell you what’s going on so far.

1st I got new tires in July. I went with cooper. Then I noticed the vibration and noise. Took them back to discount tire and they re balanced them and still not right.

Next they suggested swapping to a different tire. hankook kinergy 90k warranty. Still the same issue. They checked for a bent rim. No issues there. And the tires balanced fine

Took it to Honda since I have an extended warranty. They replaced the passenger motor mount. Still having the vibration. They drove it during rush hour last week and couldn’t get to speed.

Took it back Saturday and had the tech ride with me and he was like dang this isn’t right. Any turn or vering over 60mph and it’s a vibration and propellor like sound.

Never had any issues as this is my commuter car and I baby it. Average 42-45 mpg non hybrid.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Jeff

When ur stopped and you rev the engine to high rpm’s does it still vibrate? Or is it only while moving?

Gotta be a bad tire if the shake started after you put on new ones.

Get it aligned if you haven’t in a while.. and check the other motor mounts. I had one go out on my 8th and it was similar to your description.

I dropped it off at the shop today since it’s still under warranty. The alignment was correct and the vibration only happens on the highway. After the passenger side motor mount was replaced there was no vibration in park or reving.

Grasping at straws here, but I would probably look the hubs/bearings etc. Maybe they weren't using torque sticks or torque wrenches on the lug nuts and damaged something? Or maybe the ball joints or bushings decided to fail when it was on the lift? Usually I find if something isn't working right after a repair, it's usually related to the repair. Also maybe try to identify where vibration is happening. ie front, rear, left, right

Grasping at straws here, but I would probably look the hubs/bearings etc. Maybe they weren't using torque sticks or torque wrenches on the lug nuts and damaged something? Or maybe the ball joints or bushings decided to fail when it was on the lift? Usually I find if something isn't working right after a repair, it's usually related to the repair. Also maybe try to identify where vibration is happening. ie front, rear, left, right

Hello I know this is off topic but I see you respond to everyones question. I just recently got my rear drum brakes adjusted on a 2015 Honda Civic lx and now my e brake is really tough to pull. I read your other post about loosening the star wheel?

Hello I know this is off topic but I see you respond to everyones question. I just recently got my rear drum brakes adjusted on a 2015 Honda Civic lx and now my e brake is really tough to pull. I read your other post about loosening the star wheel?
Welcome to the forum!

Im out and about at the moment and cant get the tecnical details for you now. But wanted to let you know i saw your post.

I would recommend posting a new thread or pm to talk about it. (Some members are sensitve about thread jacking)

Last edited:
Back