Honda Confirms Type-R For U.S. At Civic Concept Debut

They aren't anything special... I can see dealerships not allowing people to drive the Type R, Golf R, Focus RS and STi RA.

They aren't anything special... I can see dealerships not allowing people to drive the Type R, Golf R, Focus RS and STi RA.
Just because you’ve owned them they aren’t special to you. Some areas definitely see very limited numbers of inventory in a year. Salesman even told me they’ve had people turn down purchasing them if they had miles. The 1st owner wants to be the one to drive it first. One dealer where I lived once had 2 wrx’s delivered new in a year.

Just because you’ve owned them they aren’t special to you. Some areas definitely see very limited numbers of inventory in a year. Salesman even told me they’ve had people turn down purchasing them if they had miles. The 1st owner wants to be the one to drive it first. One dealer where I lived once had 2 wrx’s delivered new in a year.

2?! Holy **** that's barely any.,

They do, they just can't keep the ones they get so when a customer comes in for another, they had to trade to get that one from another dealer.

Sad part is, when I went back the next day for some stuff (new batteries in new car keyless remote, forgot a couple things in my old car) I saw it in the back lot by service; asked the manager who was with me if that was the same one I saw being delivered the same time I took delivery of my car and sure enough it was. Apparently within 8 miles of driving out of the dealer the kid drove over a bolt that went through the tire and through the wheel. He said the wheels and tires are unattainable right now so it's going to probably sit there for awhile. Felt bad for the kid assuming it wasn't his fault.

(Kid = Guessing he's 20-23yrs old)

They have a blue one at the dealership I get my oil changed at... Only $4k markup :rotfl:

600 units made for the US. Not surprising to see honestly
Found #321/600

Lease - $900/month with $8k down

g6u7ho4cslg71.jpg

$38k markup…..I think that’s the highest I’ve seen.

"Limited Edition" - Only 600 made as Webby said.

I hope they sit at the dealership for a LONG time!
600 in the US, 100 in Canada and 600 more worldwide……if I remember correctly.

Still doesn’t warrant $80k. Sooooooo many other better options.

Back