Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Wash and wax on the si. Also put my stock exhaust back on again. Got my hatchback running too. Played with some grounds and what not and started up after a few tries. I think my ignition coil is going out though so I’m not gonna daily it again just yet. But I felt bad for her so I washed her too. EDEBD35A-0F0E-4E26-8118-22BA9D6CD88B.jpeg30EED743-DCFC-446F-BB5B-54B9B31263CD.jpeg

So my neighbors don’t kill me. I only put it on when I go to events or something but now that the hatchy is running again might put it back on full time.

Makes a big difference as far as performance but it’s crazy loud.

I know that feeling lol what exhaust did you have again? Yeah I bet it changes the car dramatically. I don’t remember what dp/Exhaust you had but the full race exhaust and catted dp I had on my Si was loud on WOT but cold starts weren’t that bad, it was overall not that loud.

Well, last night i sold ole yuki. I was sad to see her go, but i know she's in good hands. So this week (dealers are required to be closed by state law in colorado on Sunday) i will go get my subaru crosstrek!
2b31d50f5e0490ec168f5a447de6a705.jpg
26a717a7e4db10a5929482516adf8190.jpg
66929ef76d8275d2e6720ba7ae3d4b78.jpg
98bad1ce88fec0b06145259848028058.jpg

Well, I bolted up my new wheels on just the passenger side to see how it looked. The car is extremely dirty, but you get the idea. Going in inch down in wheel diameter really accentuates how much this thing needs to be lowered. I don’t think Swift Spec-R springs will be low enough for me now. May have to change to H&Rs. This is on completely stock suspension by the way.

Advan RZ-II 17x8” et +37
Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ 225/45R17
96f3ffa61a7300bf3da15045201785b5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Changed my oil and tranny fluid the weekend before, put Amsoil MTF in for the first time and sent both off to be tested.
Then last weekend had my VTC Actuator replaced under warranty! (See the VTC Actuator thread for details) Had them do the spark plugs while they were at it too. The motor feels nice and tight again [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Changed my oil and tranny fluid the weekend before, put Amsoil MTF in for the first time and sent both off to be tested.
Then last weekend had my VTC Actuator replaced under warranty! Had them do the spark plugs while they were at it too. The motor feels nice and tight again [emoji1]

Make sure to get the Asoil MTF tested. @Bruce Bartlow and I didn't have good results come back when we used it.

Then last weekend had my VTC Actuator replaced under warranty! Had them do the spark plugs while they were at it too. The motor feels nice and tight again [emoji1]

so the stuff you sent for testing was amsoil mtf? If so, how many miles on it?

so the stuff you sent for testing was amsoil mtf? If so, how many miles on it?
Sorry for not being clear. I sent Honda MTF and Amsoil motor oil to be tested. This was the first time I put Amsoil Manual Synchromesh in. This was the first time sending Amsoil motor oil back for testing though, and I put almost 10k miles on that. I will definitely update when I get this most recent fill analyzed with the used Amsoil MTF, and update on any other interesting test results inbetween. Probably going to go ~20k miles before changing.

Back