Bluetooth music from iPhone

Leslie M.

I just recently got a new iPhone (XS max). I paired it with my bluetooth in my 2014 Civic and the phone works perfectly. However, When I switch to bluetooth to play songs, the screen flashes each song title and goes through the whole list. It will not play any of my music (which worked perfectly with my prior iPhone). I know I have it paired correctly because I can use the phone and connect the bluetooth to my music library. However, as I noted above, nothing plays, it just flashes each song title on the screen in quick succession. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is so frustrating.

Thank you

I’ve had this happen to me when the songs I want to play are not downloaded already and the network connection is flaky. The music player in the phone gives us very quickly when it can’t get to the music to play it. Also, if you have the setting in your phone set to not use cellular data to download music and you are outside of Wi-Fi range it will skip songs it can’t download immediately. I’m guessing because the phone is new the music isn’t downloaded yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the music play if you physically plug the phone in using the lightning cable? Have you tried pairing and re pairing your phone to see if it changes anything.

Is it a safe assumption that you had an older iPhone prior to getting the XS Max?

Only reason I ask is that if you did and didn't have any issues (I use an iPhone 7+ running the latest iOS without any troubles) before, I'd be curious if the problem is because the phone was setup as a replacement for your previous one so the car is sending the wrong signals back to the iPhone causing the problem as it is looking for your previous iPhone. Maybe try unpairing all devices in the car's database and start over by adding the phone again (maybe also "forget device" on the phone side too in order to get a complete fresh start)? Or, pair a buddy's phone (one who has an iPhone XS Max as well) and see if the issue persists.

Anyhow, just an idea.

Back