DIY 2014-15 EX radio in your LX

I bought the radio from the eBay site but didn’t get the vin number or serial number, I installed it already did yours also get the mpg removed?

I bought the radio from the eBay site but didn’t get the vin number or serial number, I installed it already did yours also get the mpg removed?

Nah man, MPG calculations work perfectly on mine what happens when you tap on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any pictures of the unit installed? wondering if I should do this or go with an aftermarket unit

7602773036446477cc8451002f4e1bef.png

This is the one I took the day I installed it, I’ll take a new one later when I have to drive home. The main reasons I chose this headunit over an aftermarket was for the looks, and price. This headunit cost me around $130 and it was essentially plug and play. Where as most aftermarket radios that have similar features can exceed $200 and require some degree of wiring.

10f1e331114b920c6f8d6827b90ca405.jpg
fb797886cc4312719ecfd7f84eedbaa4.jpg

This is it currently, only addition I made was the HDMI and USB cable for it.

10f1e331114b920c6f8d6827b90ca405.jpg
fb797886cc4312719ecfd7f84eedbaa4.jpg

This is it currently, only addition I made was the HDMI and USB cable for it.

Hi, im new here from Dominican republic i want to change my lx radio to a ex display i wanna now whats options work and which one not work and where do you buy the hdmi and usb cable and if you can put a video here or YouTube explaining what work and not work on your radio please and thank you

Hi, im new here from Dominican republic i want to change my lx radio to a ex display i wanna now whats options work and which one not work and where do you buy the hdmi and usb cable and if you can put a video here or YouTube explaining what work and not work on your radio please and thank you

My original post mentions all of that...

Did anybody figure out how to make the phone controls that are on the steering wheel work with the upgraded headunit?

Last edited:
Did anybody figure out how to make the phone controls that are on the steering wheel work with the upgraded headunit?

Someone actually messaged me with a fix. It involves some wiring, I’ll post a screenshot in a second

5e89d14fb7dd1a328645ea8735426719.jpg
09e7afa1cf409b2c10ea36148ae6edf0.jpg

I have NOT tried this, the guy who sent this to me was also doing this on his HRV, same wire harness for the most part, but I feel I should still mention that. Personally, I don’t plan on doing this simply because I never used those buttons to begin with.

i know connector B is for the canbus, but which pins do i have to connect for the back up to display on the headunit when in reverse.

From the research I’ve done, it seems the LX and EX(and up) have different reverse cameras. You’d have to purchase one of those with the correct harness to get it to work on the display.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From the research I’ve done, it seems the LX and EX(and up) have different reverse cameras. You’d have to purchase one of those with the correct harness to get it to work on the display.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ohhh okay, Thanks for the info.

Back