Blimpcity's 10th

well congrats on the new ride. What made you end up switching?

well congrats on the new ride. What made you end up switching?
My main motivator was that I had paid off the 2014 and it only had 62K miles. It was worth a significant amount and made it worthwhile to trade. Technology was also a motivator. The 2014 was advertised by Honda to be CarPlay compatible, but it really wasn't. The 10th does not suffer from this deficiency.

Oh, and nice profile image Webby. Baker seems to be the real deal.

:thumb: I swore he'd be manziel jr. So far he's proved me wrong :cheerleader:

you planning to do anything specific mod wise on the new car?

:thumb: I swore he'd be manziel jr. So far he's proved me wrong :cheerleader:

you planning to do anything specific mod wise on the new car?
Plan to paint the calipers yellow. I'm a Browns fan, but I like the black with yellow calipers... Perhaps CAI. Not sure what else is available. Do you have any ideas?

Oh, and I never thought Baker was a Johnny Football Jr. However, I did think they were stupid putting Baker in so early as the starter since it's been their MO. However, it seems he's the real deal. They just need to keep him protected. It's been a fun season and has rejuvinated me as a Browns fan.

@procivic ^ could probably give you some feedback. I know they've got a 10th gen project car. I haven't followed the 10th gen enough to know how it responds to mods like intakes and whatnot without using flashpro or tuning on the turbo engines.

I saw a 4 door like urs at the dealership today. Not gonna lie. With a slight drop that thing would look mean.

You plan on modding it?

I saw a 4 door like urs at the dealership today. Not gonna lie. With a slight drop that thing would look mean.

You plan on modding it?
Looking for ideas. No immediate plans. Due to some of the technology, it's hard to know what might be possible. It's got an adaptive damper system on the suspension which is active if driving in sport mode. I think this would make it pretty difficult to drop, but I'm not an authority on this. Exhaust also seems not to be an option (at least for a both on). Considering an intake. Also considering adding stock options available by Honda.

Congratulations man! I'm sure you'll love the features these cars come with out of the box. Lowering the car on springs has not been an issue, but installing coilovers does require by-passing the active dampers. Exhausts systems are also available for this model too.

So I get this recall notice in the mail yesterday from Honda. Seems that someone made an colossal error and fitted my 2019 Si with the wrong shoes. The option in the US market for summer tires is not available from my understanding, but apparently that is what was fitted on my Si as well as many others. At least I know that my winter driving abilities are not to blame for the horrendous performance the car has had in the snow. Hopefully we've seen the last of that for the winter... Time to invest in some winter wheels and tires.

Interesting no doubt. Are they trying to get you to come swap your summer tires for an all season tire under recall (for free)?

Interesting no doubt. Are they trying to get you to come swap your summer tires for an all season tire under recall (for free)?
I have the option to swap them for free, but they take the summer tires back. Not sure I agree with that. I'm not sure why they'd want them back other than going through the motions. Anyway, I think I'll stick with the summers and get a set of used wheels and fit them with some winter tires for next year.

If the summers are good (have decent life left) I agree. I'd keep a set of summers, and then get some winter tires to deal with NE ohio snow. Better performance in both seasons.

If the summers are good (have decent life left) I agree. I'd keep a set of summers, and then get some winter tires to deal with NE ohio snow. Better performance in both seasons.
I think they're pretty much un-worn. I've put 2,500 miles on the car thus far and since it's been a pretty cold and snowy winter up here in NEO, I haven't had a change to hot rod the car.

On a side note, have you seen anything about Hondata Pro for the 2019 Si?

I think they're pretty much un-worn. I've put 2,500 miles on the car thus far and since it's been a pretty cold and snowy winter up here in NEO, I haven't had a change to hot rod the car.

On a side note, have you seen anything about Hondata Pro for the 2019 Si?
I haven't seen anything yet. I'm guessing they haven't had a 2019 in to test the ecu, but I don't see why it won't work. The engine/trans info for the 19's are the same as the 18's. I don't see why the current flashpro for the 10th gens wouldn't work.

Back