Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

@mySIck
As you'll see with my latest MTF report, Blackstone keeps running tally of all previous test results. Took awhile for my tranny to settle down after returning to OEM fluid, but eventually it did. I've also tested other MTF like Torco's. In the end wear metals were lowest when using Honda MTF. Surprising...

Attachments

• OilReports (1).pdf
    56.5 KB · Views: 3
@mySIck ... i'll interested to hear a lot more about your engine swap, and future plans as well. Planning any tranny work by chance?

Got a new cluster, swapped out my fuel gauge, and got some white LED's.
56539225_348673319095544_1344606590812028928_n.jpg

@Bruce Bartlow I do have a lot of plans and the Transmission is on top of my list. I am currently looking at going with mFactory gears 1-6 so I can throw more boost at it.

I ended up going with a K24Z3 for my motor since they are dirt cheap and basically the same exact motor. I swapped my water pump over along with the oil pan due to the TSX and SI having different mount location's. At the moment I am burning oil once I get some time I plan to pull the turbo to check it for any damage or play and if everything looks good I might do the motor rebuild first.

@Bruce Bartlow I do have a lot of plans and the Transmission is on top of my list. I am currently looking at going with mFactory gears 1-6 so I can throw more boost at it.

I ended up going with a K24Z3 for my motor since they are dirt cheap and basically the same exact motor. I swapped my water pump over along with the oil pan due to the TSX and SI having different mount location's. At the moment I am burning oil once I get some time I plan to pull the turbo to check it for any damage or play and if everything looks good I might do the motor rebuild first.

Installed this gauge last night, it's actually pretty nifty. Originally was intended for a different project car, but decided to throw it on my 9th Gen since I would like to monitor Water Temp/Oil Temp/Oil Pressure in the near future.

IMG_20190408_223617155.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190408_192430711.jpg
    IMG_20190408_192430711.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 9
Long term I would like to do a head swap, but for now I'm enjoying running it on Flex Fuel and hoping to take it to the track this year.
Have you followed Harry Sparks build? I know he is working on a head swap for his turbo build. Are you planning to run the K20Z3 head?

I put my summer tires on the other day...and now it is going to drop to the low 30s overnight for a few days. :confused:
Our weather here in NC has been questionable the past several days. I don't know if it is going to be Cold, Cool, warm or hot outside. But hopefully this weekend is nice I am trying to go to the beach.

Shouldn't run wrong MTF in Honda that amsoil marketing stuff was ruining your tranny, see all that alu and iron. I don't think Honda tranny oil can be beat for $16 for two qts. I change my tranny oil for its first time:turbospin: at 17,800 and that was too long. I could see plainly the tranny oil was beat. It shift much better now with fresh Honda tranny oil. I plan on changing the tranny oil now every 7500 or less, its only 2 qts and is easy to change from the top with zero waste.

I put my summer tires on the other day...and now it is going to drop to the low 30s overnight for a few days. :confused:
You can ruin summer tires below 32 degrees, I drove with summer tires once below 32 degrees and the car wanted to go off in a ditch. the temp really needs at least 40 degrees to work ok with summer tires or they will never heat up right.:shadyhat:

You can ruin summer tires below 32 degrees, I drove with summer tires once below 32 degrees and the car wanted to go off in a ditch. the temp really needs at least 40 degrees to work ok with summer tires or they will never heat up right.:shadyhat:
No ****

Have you followed Harry Sparks build? I know he is working on a head swap for his turbo build. Are you planning to run the K20Z3 head?
I sort of follow him, not actively but it's fun to see what he's accomplished. I will be running the K20Z3 head and will probably be working with NA Performance in Ventura.

Back