Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

tire rack would say the exact same thing about summer tires, they can actually break up below 32. Perhaps drive at zero and see what happens. even all season tires start to freeze at zero, only snow tires are effective below zero. Its all about how the tire is made. But if you don't believe then go for a ride at 30 and take a few turns and see what happens as I did once. Your only as good as your tires, skimp there and wind up in the ditch. Happens all the time here see car off the road, oh got wrong tires or bald tires. That's the tire story.:eek2:

I tried to fix the power door locks on my 95 EG, but having issues trying to fix it. I tested the ground and other wires, after that I tested some of wires on the back of the other plugs towards the actuators and I don't get any power on any of them. I also tested the control unit and switch and their both good. No idea if the actuator is actually good or bad. I do wonder though, will the other doors unlock even if the main door actuator is bad or will it cause all doors to fail?

Finally got around to washing the car. I also put on some different lug nuts since the others looked like bolts.
57379454_408153349976317_6109305595163049984_n.jpg

So installed my Acuity Short Shifter this weekend. Fell in love with the Si all over again.
02ab34dd591df1dde37b70600bcd7ff1.jpg

Have yet to get around to installing my Coils though. After driving on the HFP suspension for a couple months, I miss being lower to the ground haha.
35fced825b1e27636185b149fd64f231.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Euro District Bound. GRD lent me their Stage 3+ MK7 R. Roughly 500whp and an Upgraded DSG. This thing is an absolute rocket.
c0b8759d8dfe50ffd1ea0a7c7c5d51f1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

So installed my Acuity Short Shifter this weekend. Fell in love with the Si all over again.
02ab34dd591df1dde37b70600bcd7ff1.jpg

Have yet to get around to installing my Coils though. After driving on the HFP suspension for a couple months, I miss being lower to the ground haha.
35fced825b1e27636185b149fd64f231.jpg

Nice mods all around. It will definitely make your driving experience much more enjoyable

Nice mods all around. It will definitely make your driving experience much more enjoyable
That's what I'm hoping for. I eventually want to upgrade sway bars and a couple other suspension parts. Just can't believe I didn't do it sooner

Euro District Bound. GRD lent me their Stage 3+ MK7 R. Roughly 500whp and an Upgraded DSG. This thing is an absolute rocket.
c0b8759d8dfe50ffd1ea0a7c7c5d51f1.jpg

"Lent you" ? :confused: That's crazy. You know the owner or something?

I thought you were driving a borrowed soup up car, nice blue color, I wonder maybe I should have got a different color then black-but it shows up dirt nicely and is more sneaky then any other color and it almost makes people think its a cop car for some strange reason, they due use black cars some time's-it all so fulls the cops a bit too, thinking a cop car is coming:flame:

Yeah, it's mine for the weekend.
I thought you were driving a borrowed soup up car, nice blue color, I wonder maybe I should have got a different color then black-but it shows up dirt nicely and is more sneaky then any other color and it almost makes people think its a cop car for some strange reason, they due use black cars some time's-it all so fulls the cops a bit too, thinking a cop car is coming:flame:

4674dc818fd14194abd0a48036784e3e.jpg

ouch. Do you drive on a lot of gravel roads?
No, I don't know if you can tell from the top picture of my drive way. But a lot of roads I drive down are the same way and those little rocks get thrown up. I try and keep a good distance from the car in front of me but you always have that one guy.

Most of that did come from when I was living in El Paso and the guys mining rocks will spill debris all over the road.

@webby I really wish I did that clear 3M when I bought my car but I was hard headed.
you could still try the liquid application once you get rid of any spots that are down to the metal. I know I had a shop quote me like ~$300 to respray the entire hood of mine before if it really bothers you. Then you could apply something to the fresh paint if you want.

you could still try the liquid application once you get rid of any spots that are down to the metal. I know I had a shop quote me like ~$300 to respray the entire hood of mine before if it really bothers you. Then you could apply something to the fresh paint if you want.
That's not to bad. Did you go to Honda or to a local body shop?

Back