2012+ Civic Exhaust List With Product Links & Info

hey i love the sound of it. i need your help. id like to see what it sounds like on launch or driving it. does it get raspy at high revs?

not so much without headers/downpipe.. generally i found headers to make any exhaust system raspy than an exhaust system... generally having your cat installed also muffles the rasp out of your exhaust tone also.... i still have my downpipe/cat thing installed due to keeping the noise levels down, but its not bad considering its still got it installed. so theres always going to be a trade off, without a cat installed it'd just have too much drone for my liking at highway speeds.... its definitely throatier, but not annoyingly loud.... i cant see getting raspy without the noise levels becoming a bit too loud.... hope this helps..... lol

but yes it does have that
hey i love the sound of it. i need your help. id like to see what it sounds like on launch or driving it. does it get raspy at high revs?
sort of crazy rasp to it when switching gears at higher revs, but the rev limiter with the new civics when parked sound nowhere near what they sound like while moving....

That's all that I could find on here was where people were saying an axle back. the company I can get it through at work was listed as cat back and called today and they insist that theirs is a cat back not axle back tho

I've seen maybe 2 or 3 people say they had the injen axleback on this forum. Feel free to search the part #, or ask the company selling it what the part # is for the catback?

Part #
SES1579
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Civic SI 4 Cyl 2.4L Axle back

Even the product image is an axle back on their site :

SES1579.jpg

the 8th gen si had a catback for the coupe
Part #
SES1578TT
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Civic SI 4 cyl 2.0L Coupe Only 60mm cat-back system

^ that will not work on the 9th gen

If you go by the injen website & view their inventory list of exhausts:
http://injen.com/listing.asp?pcc=ex

I've seen maybe 2 or 3 people say they had the injen axleback on this forum. Feel free to search the part #, or ask the company selling it what the part # is for the catback?

Part #
SES1579
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Civic SI 4 Cyl 2.4L Axle back

Even the product image is an axle back on their site :

SES1579.jpg

the 8th gen si had a catback for the coupe
Part #
SES1578TT
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Civic SI 4 cyl 2.0L Coupe Only 60mm cat-back system

^ that will not work on the 9th gen

If you go by the injen website & view their inventory list of exhausts:
http://injen.com/listing.asp?pcc=ex
Yea I'm gonna have to call that company back. They part number they have listed is that 1579 so they must have something wrong..

Small review of my full race exhaust and full race catted dp, quality is superb welds are excellent, fitting is great (yes even the dp I don't have an issue) sound is amazing! Sounds stock when I'm on the highway and low Rpms but when I get on it you can really hear it! That's mainly the reason I went with the catted dp. This is my second full race setup I had the same on my 12 si and now on my 15 si and I couldn't be happier! Here is a vid of my 15 and my 12 si. Hopefully it helps since most vids are of the catless dp with a full race catback...

View: http://youtu.be/_8HTUp35xdE

View: http://youtu.be/U1WkWj3qG_w

Quick question. Does anyone know the (specs/dimensions) of the gaskets for the Invidia N1 exhaust? I wanna replace mine.

Love the sound of the Injen axle back ever since i heard it compliments of @Dennis Rockholt. Question: What might sound similar (deep and throaty but not too load) and gives better power when paired with a downpipe?

Thanks ya'll. (See you at the Spring Dragon... even if i'm the only one there)

Love the sound of the Injen axle back ever since i heard it compliments of @Dennis Rockholt. Question: What might sound similar (deep and throaty but not too load) and gives better power when paired with a downpipe?

Thanks ya'll. (See you at the Spring Dragon... even if i'm the only one there)

Bruce look up the invidia exhaust as well, they are great with the downpipe.

My friend has 2012 civic ex with a cracked muffler. Is it advisable to install the borla axle back instead of the stock? Honda original is costlier... she definitely won’t be doing any tuneup or Hondata or anything and is not looking for a performance, just a replacement. I wanted to make sure it does not make the stock situation worse. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My friend has 2012 civic ex with a cracked muffler. Is it advisable to install the borla axle back instead of the stock? Honda original is costlier... she definitely won’t be doing any tuneup or Hondata or anything and is not looking for a performance, just a replacement. I wanted to make sure it does not make the stock situation worse. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You can install any axle back. There is no tune needed.
If she isn't interested in performance or sound, why not order a stock replacement from rockauto or similar? $60 gets her back on the road, cheap and easy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The Honda ase quoted about 300 for the muffler, pipe and installation. I tempted my friend with a Borla. Guess I should have asked her to check around. Thanks for the tip... but an axle back needs no time, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back