Progress 24mm rear sway bar

Yes they are! Any explanation/obvious reasons why they clunk? Any remedies?
Get the "Torque Value", and torque it on...............There's only one bolt on the drivers side that my torque wrench wouldn't fit, but after torqueing all the others I had a feel for the effort by then.
If you can't find the torque value, call the after market ppl, and ask them. Also it should have come with the install instructions, and it should be close to the same thing from the cars stock torque since the bolts are much the same.

Last edited:
I bought the Progress sway bar used and it had these links already attached. Anyone know what kind they are? If so, are they good quality? Thanks.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

Reactions: Nix
Pauly. Those are OEM sway bar links. They should be okay for daily driving. They'll probably be a pain in the butt to remove though if you end up wanting to replace them.

Yup, those are the OEM end links. The length may not be right if you're adjusting the sway bar, though. The Progress kit comes with adjustable length end links.

They look like 8th gen stock endlinks. They should last just fine for you. Upgrade to the Moogs if you ever have to cut them off. how do the threads and nuts look? Put a 5mm or 6mm wrench in the end to stop the stud from turning so you can tighten/loosen the nut.

If I hadn't cut mine off i would still be using them. My stockers held up for at least 2 years. The main weak point is the mounting point on the rear lower control arm. I saw very few people break an endlink on 8thciv unless they just never checked their bolts. Usually hard driving broke the control arm mount. It was very thin and near the edge of the plate.

I did see one dumbass who broke an endlink in person. He was running MB battles and slammed trying to drive like he was on race suspension. The car was just shot overall. I think he honestly broke it because he was missing bolts. Hahahah.

Thanks guys. You're right about those end links coming from an 8th Gen. Now that you mention it, I remember that the guy told me the bar was from an 8th Gen.

Reactions: Nix
:popcornbig::popcornbig:After seeing this the 24mm sways seem to be better, I wonder how well it works on the lowest setting?:shadyhat: Where is the cheapest progress 24mm sway bar kit? I am concerned about the clunk or loose nuts.

showing not fitting a 2013, there is another kit out?//

:popcornbig::popcornbig:After seeing this the 24mm sways seem to be better, I wonder how well it works on the lowest setting?:shadyhat: Where is the cheapest progress 24mm sway bar kit? I am concerned about the clunk or loose nuts.
i run my 24mm bar on the softest setting. It helps noticibly with rotation when doing high performance driving such as autocross otr track days. I think its well balanced and not too twitchy at this setting. I am running the stock end links and have no clunking or loose bolts after 3 years of daily driving and flogging the crap outa the car at the track.

I did notice that progressive did upgrade the kit some with better adj end links which at quite pricey buy themselves so the rear 24mm sway kit looks really good, the lowest price with shipping I could find was $268. That three way adj on the bar is very nice. utube has someone opening the box and it looks very well thought out kit. The back end on a stock si leans over way too much.:bananawhipdance:

If your going to do suspension mods this is the place to start. For the price it’s probably the best handling upgrade you can make to your car other than sticky tires.

I have sticky tires on right now firehawk indy 500 and they are excellent changed the whole car and really showed the lack of lean control that I currently have:squirrel: I am going to get that 24mm progressive kit looks like a great deal, but first I am fixing up my VFR 800 I want to get hat going as soon as possible-its all in pieces right now-about a day worth of work to get it going. I order the kit as soon as I can put it on or maybe I just go ahead and have it shipped. :flame:

Last edited:
i run my 24mm bar on the softest setting. It helps noticibly with rotation when doing high performance driving such as autocross otr track days. I think its well balanced and not too twitchy at this setting. I am running the stock end links and have no clunking or loose bolts after 3 years of daily driving and flogging the crap outa the car at the track.

You're running the stock end links? Does that mean that you were able to find the bar by itself? I'm only finding the kit with the adjustables that everyone is saying clunk.

I’m running my with stock end links. No problems yet and it’s been on the car for like 3 years.

I would say you can't beat moog toxic non ca, greaseable end links, over stock one's-zero contest:box: here. there are 8 greaseable suspension parts on the srt-4 another win for dodge, but my car is a SRT. street race tech and fully modded.

Last edited:
Back