Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

@webby

Thanks for your suggestions.

This is very doable but very time consuming to get it installed nice. I will think about this option though.

Do you have any other suggestions as well? I was also looking for the genuine Honda one that you mention about but I can’t find anything.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good day everyone

I want to see about the best solution for this discolored button. Somehow the color of the red in the temperature button is degrading. You shall see white instead of red in this picture.

IMG_0821.jpg

I’m thinking about either painting it with a closed match red color pen or replacing the button.

I found the button on college hills.

https://www.collegehillshondaparts....uJnk9MjAxMiZ0PWx4JmU9NS1zcGVlZC1hdXRvbWF0aWM=

However I’m unsure if it has the entire layout or what. Is it the entire button with the color layout?

In addition, the cowl is also degrading too. I think it’s due to the prolong exposure to sun. However replacing it is expensive. Is there any option?

Thanks

That part you linked appears to be the outer trim ring only. The red/blue colored area looks to be part of the entire control unit if I’m looking at their diagram right. So you’d be replacing the entire climate system to fix that. You could potentially find one at a junkyard or eBay from a wreck.

You could try a red marker as well. It may not be a permanent fix, but it may fill in some color. A vinyl shop could cut you some red and blue pieces to stick over those original markings. If I had access to one to scan, I could cut you some myself to test.

Good day everyone

I’m planning on the following

1. Get my rear drum brake powder coated this summer.
2. Between this summer and next year summer, I’ll start collecting parts for rear brake conversion. I may do the full conversion next year summer. Can I get the list of all the parts required?
3. Between this year winter and next summer, I may install a new coil over Truhart street because it’s budget. Or should I do Truhart shock with lower spring? I’m aiming to use Truhart though.

Thank you all

I can only help with question 3 right now. If you're not going to be doing any auto x events or hpd, I'd go with the shock/ lowering spring combo for daily driving. However, the rear will also need camber arms to adjust camber after the drop so you don't get camber wear in the rear. I did my drop on my 15 ex coupe on truhart springs and they were great! I then got the dorman (spc) rear camber arms and got an alignment to fix the camber issue from the drop. Well worth it in my opinion.

Due to ongoing rain and umbrellas, I got a huge scratch on this interior panel right next to the front passenger seat. I’d probably leave it alone but I want to know how difficult it is to replace this interior panel because it seems to me it’s attaching to the floor. Also I tried to search the Honda parts but I can’t find this part #. Can someone please help me find this part #? Thanks

649be42813db8cbae2a35e3d00a78782.jpg

5A54F7A6-55E9-4076-8EDC-849BCAD5F31A.jpeg
Looks like 2 push clips hold it - #19. One going towards the door and one going down towards the floor I guess.

Reactions: Tak
View attachment 59297
Looks like 2 push clips hold it - #19. One going towards the door and one going down towards the floor I guess.

Hi @webby

I stopped by local dealer and confirmed it is the right part but there is a new part # 84201-TR3-H02ZD. I just ordered it from them. I still can’t believe how fragile this piece is as it’s caused the huge deep scratched by a umbrella.

I got another question. I swear before my hood got replaced by a car accident, there were two plastic thing under the hood on the left and right here. What are these? I checked a few pictures from the forum and they also have it as well. I want to order them back. Thanks

69c96eb4445355d8d2254c778f313159.jpg

Regarding PCV valve

I notice a few posts on forum regarding the noise issue from pulley. People say it’s the issue from PCV valve. My 2012 R18 just hits 55k miles. Do you think I should plan on changing it? Where do we buy the PCV valve from? Thanks

Hello everyone

How are you all doing?

I got an very annoyed issue. I got 2 new tires installed this winter time (01/19). Last 2 weeks, the “check tire pressure” alert all of a sudden pop up. I found one of the tire is the root cause. When I check the pressure with a tool, the psi is low. But when I touch the tire physical, It’s solid and not flat. So I pump the air again and it temporarily fixes. But the issue is; I’ve been doing this 3 times in 2 weeks. Sometimes isn’t right. So I’m thinking
1. Is this new tire itself gonna flat soon?
2. Can it be the valve or the TPMS malfunction? I suspect this because this new tire is solid and not flat.
3. I got this rear set of new tires from Firestone. Will they help free of charge?

Thanks
b4eeafc405543734660eca1af73bc80e.jpg

I think you have an air leak in the tire. The discount tire by my house will check them for free but charge you to patch it. Can you see any visible punctures like screws, nails, etc. in the tire itself? The tire can feel and look good but if your pressure is low then it will light up your tpms light.

This ^. Most places I've been to will check it for free, and if it needs a plug/patch or whatever it's like $8-10 bucks just about anywhere I've gone. You could have a small nail or something in it you can't even see.

Reactions: Tak
Back