2012 SI low RPM problem

DizzyKey

Ukiah, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
Hey guys. I have a 2012 Honda Civic SI in recently I have encountered a problem. I bought this car about 3 weeks ago and currently has only 50000 miles exactly on it. Today I was driving around town and I start going at a stoplight and my rpm in 1st gear was going up very high but I was only going like 5 miles per hour. 2nd gear maxed out at about 10 miles per hour. And 3rd gear Max out at about 20 miles per hour. (Parking break was not on) My 1st gear feels like there is no speed increase between 2000 and 4000 rpm. Vtec will still crack on the car but I am very worried about this problem because I have no idea why would be. Anybody have any ideas on what this would be? Clutch also squeaks when going into first and second gear. But I read on other forums that lots of people have it (Dosent affect anything with the car)

Im not sure i understand the question, the title says low rpm bit you are describing the engine reving high?

The engine rpm increasing with the throttle but the car not moving would indicate a clutch or transmission problem.

Has this been gradually getting worse or did it happen all at once.

Are you sure the gears are engaged? Is shifting hard or feel mushy? Any grinding while shifting?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Is every gear doing what you’re describing, or it stops revving high when you get out of 1st/2nd gear?

How is the manual transmission fluid level in the car?

Im not sure i understand the question, the title says low rpm bit you are describing the engine reving high?

The engine rpm increasing with the throttle but the car not moving would indicate a clutch or transmission problem.

Has this been gradually getting worse or did it happen all at once.

Are you sure the gears are engaged? Is shifting hard or feel mushy? Any grinding while shifting?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yes. Rpm rises but car barley moves faster in the first 2 gears.

My si doesn’t squeak when it goes into first or second and never has.

If it’s doing this in all gears sounds like your clutch is slipping. I can’t imagine ur clutch would be gone at 50k though.

My clutch has alway squeaked even after upgrading the entire clutch, Flywheel and so on and my factory clutche looked fine.

It sounds like your clutch is going out. Do you ride the clutch or hold/rest your foot on the clutch? Did you by your car from a dealership, Private or a used car lot?

Are there any dash lights on? Sounds like you are describing what eff done else said about the trans or your cat is going into limp mode. This would indicate possibly injectors that are clogged or not working properly, or some other condition causing the car to read lean on the air/ fuel ratio. The car well go into limp mode to prevent further damage to the engine while being able to move it slowly to a repair facility. When this happened to me i had way more miles, but it was my injectors that were the culprit. Hope this helps.

If the clutch is worn out the engine speed will rise and the transmission speed will gradually increase depending how bad it is worn. But yes I would take it to the dealership to have them look at since you bought it 3 weeks ago.

Sounds Like who ever sold you the car Knows its a Lemon and you should take the car back and get your money back. Don't take No for a answer, did you test drive the car or research past owners. They either have to give you the money back or fix the car.:police:

well if it was a dealer even a used car dealer they usually have to give you a 30 day war at the very least, I would bring the car back regardless if they won't give you the money back, they should at least chip in for a repair. Something smells very rotten here. The question here is who did he buy it from. I wouldn't except a car with thousands of miles on it not to have a few problems and a Honda with 50,000 had to have cost quite a bit. Some states have different rules. But from what I heard sounds very bad.:chopwood:If its a dealer or even a used car dealer, they will have to do something. Private party as is-your screwed.:hyper:

Back