9th Gen si Radiator fans not working

AustinTx

Just to add a little context to where i am right now. Ive just completed my current drivable setup. K24z7 forged bottom end, k20z3 head (feel free to ask any questions about the swap, ill be glad to help) built head, cams, all that good to go. Car runs and drives but the radiator fans are acting really weird. Ive rarely seen them turn on (once in the last few months) and they temp is skyrocketing 210+ consistant, but still no fans. Car currently has no ac, fluid was emptied during the engine rebuild. And hasnt been replaced. Tuner says he always lowers the fan switch temps a tad so theres no reason they shouldnt be coming on. Only thing i can think is the thermostat is stuck from sitting dry for so long (8months). Any thought on where i should start digging?

for the radiator, someone mentioned checking these fuses

interior - under dash above clutch pedal
check 22

engine bay panel
check 11 & 15

there are also 2 relays in the engine bay fuse panel
Sub Fan Motor 20 A
Main Fan Motor 20 A

It could be a stuck thermostat I'm sure, but I'd check the fuses and relays first. I'm sure others here can provide better help than me on what to test.

Just to add a little context to where i am right now. Ive just completed my current drivable setup. K24z7 forged bottom end, k20z3 head (feel free to ask any questions about the swap, ill be glad to help) built head, cams, all that good to go. Car runs and drives but the radiator fans are acting really weird. Ive rarely seen them turn on (once in the last few months) and they temp is skyrocketing 210+ consistant, but still no fans. Car currently has no ac, fluid was emptied during the engine rebuild. And hasnt been replaced. Tuner says he always lowers the fan switch temps a tad so theres no reason they shouldnt be coming on. Only thing i can think is the thermostat is stuck from sitting dry for so long (8months). Any thought on where i should start digging?

Off topic question. How's the car pull with your setup?

Off topic question. How's the car pull with your setup?
Its not tuned right now, still in break in miles actually. Trying to work out all the little kinks before I step on the dyno. Ill for sure let you know once its done tho.

I think I replied to your post on the other forum...
You can test the fan by jumping the fan switch
Also you should be sure the cooling system is bled properly. Air trapped can cause the thermostat not to open.
When the car is running, do both radiator hoses get equally hot?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think I replied to your post on the other forum...
You can test the fan by jumping the fan switch
Also you should be sure the cooling system is bled properly. Air trapped can cause the thermostat not to open.
When the car is running, do both radiator hoses get equally hot?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yes i saw your reply on the other forum, thanks. And thats something else i will check, i appreciate yalls feedback

Back