Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

It’s a great game though I’ll give u that. Do u play it with a controller?

glad I don't play video games except with the civic:spaz:

Oh my gosh guys. I feel like I'm constantly on the run doing something now that I'm back to working. Get up at 5:30 to leave by 6:20. Get to work, do work, leave at 5:00, come home, take dog for run or dog park, eat, work on house/laundry/clean up, etc., go to bed. Rinse and repeat.

Oh my gosh guys. I feel like I'm constantly on the run doing something now that I'm back to working. Get up at 5:30 to leave by 6:20. Get to work, do work, leave at 5:00, come home, take dog for run or dog park, eat, work on house/laundry/clean up, etc., go to bed. Rinse and repeat.

#Adulting :giggle:

Morning Everyone :wave:

Ah yes, I'll be back in that routine all too soon when my wife goes back to work after labor day and we're in our house. Work is getting busy and we have inventory again when I get back from surgery recovery. Good times. Mornin gents!

:cheerleader:Good morning, Friday is near. What products is everyone using to clean there wheels. I seem to have a lot of brake dust I can't seem to get off. It almost seems like it has bedded into the paint.

Does anyone in here have experience with having a house built? The wife and I are about to start the process since we haven't been able to find the house we want. Just looking to see if anyone has any tips on things to ask for or stay away from that you normally wouldn't think about.

Does anyone in here have experience with having a house built? The wife and I are about to start the process since we haven't been able to find the house we want. Just looking to see if anyone has any tips on things to ask for or stay away from that you normally wouldn't think about.

@bauer311 is almost done the process

My wife also wants to build a house. It can get extremely expensive fast depending on what type material you use and the square feet of space. But the way some of these houses are built and made I myself kinda rather build my own.

My wife also wants to build a house. It can get extremely expensive fast depending on what type material you use and the square feet of space. But the way some of these houses are built and made I myself kinda rather build my own.
Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I'd love to do it myself but it would also take me forever. I'm too precise with things being a machinist. It's hard to do anything with carpentry because I try to make it too perfect. We are looking at building about a 2200-2300 square feet house with a 3 car garage on about an acre of land. When we started looking we wanted to stay around $200k but we are looking at about $260-270k now.

It's significantly more complex to get approved for a truly custom home build. The bank usually wants a larger percentage of the land/home value up front as collateral to get approval. The number of banks that will approve construction loans is also a lot less. I called a lot of banks in various cities, and I was only able to find 2 banks, (1 was a credit union) that even did new construction loans (post the last house market crash). They don't want the liability or the extra work that is involved in weekly/monthly cash draws that the builder requires. They have to constantly verify the work that is being done, so that they do not give out too much to the builder during the process. The bank does that to protect themselves on how they pay out for the work that has been done on the loan. Then the bank has to constantly issue new mortgage bills to the home owner while it's under construction. So, say the builder has done 50k worth of work...then the bank will be sending you a mortgage payment as if you had a 50k house. Next month you may have a mortgage payment as if the house was worth 70k, and so on till you have a finished house. It's a lot of additional work for them to deal with, so a lot of banks won't touch new construction loans.

Definitely do a lot of research into the builder you choose. Look at a lot of reviews, and ask for references for homes they've built. Call those past home owners and see how their build went. Find out if it went long, if it went over budget, what issues they had and so on. I'd at least talk to a handful from each builder you're looking at doing the work. https://www.houzz.com/professionals/home-builders houzz is another resource for looking at what a builder in the area may have already built to give you ideas. See if any of them have won local awards and so on.

Back