Sunofwolf Random Banter Containment Thread

:bananapop:
Honda antifreeze is like $13-15/jug. It’s not like it’s marked up to $50/gallon or some huge expense over others. I don’t see the issue, but use whatever you like.
You are correct here- can't beat OEM honda or Zerox Asian blue is the only thing to use. I check honda OEM price at dealer-the tranny oil was not over priced. In fact I will stop at a honda dealer tomorrow-if the OEM Honda stuff isn't too much!
Dam on this work for nothing. But Zerox G-5 is good for Dodges-Neon's not Honda's.:lildevil: Look like honda has two products here that can't be beat. the Honda blue coolant and the honda tranny oil.

Last edited:
Honda dealer in Augusta maine is trying to rip me off for Honda OEM coolant with 50% water in it $20,21+tax, they stopped making the full strength version to sell their customers water. I refuse to pay this going to wally world to see if they have the Asian blue version or the full strength Golbal Lifetime which is the best deal by far-but no phosy things-don't think it would matter that much if I change it out early. My rebate deal is gone seems like crooked honda and anti freeze company's are working together to screw me out of dough. I need one gal right away for my Honda vfr 80o that I put in Zerox G-5 which is excellent stuff made for alu engines but not really made for honda, so I change it to a Honda type anti-freeze. Honda got me for the tranny fluid, but their anti freeze scam is much worse. I refuse to pay for water.:bananawhipdance: Going to wally world see what they have.:joke::owneddance: I am beginning to think Zerox G-5 is fine in Honda's -I will look into that some more too.

Last edited:
Seems like anti freeze is in short supply- I went to wally and auto zone. Both had a very small selection of anti-freeze. So far only Napa seems to carry anything decent. This honda 50/50 coolant OEM $20 seems to be special that I only found one substitute the Zerox Asian blue 50/50 that matches the same specs. Global lifeline is universal anti freeze that doesn't meet honda specs, so I have to drop that option. My car has 19,000 so all I need to do is drain 1.5 gals and refill with either Zerox Asian blue or OEM honda. When doing a flush 50/50 is a problem with left over distilled water. my vfr 800 is running zerox G-5 and seems to be running perfect, G-5 is made also for alu engines. I guess its Zerox Asian Blue wins, 3 gals about $41.05 shipped by Walmart wins the price war. $13.68 a gal for OEM honda matching anti freeze- Gee that's very good price Zerox G-5 was $14. Anti freeze has been going up lately. I will change my motorcycle anti freeze first to the Zerox Asian Blue:bananapop: the vfr has a very accurate temp gauge that reads in 1 degree, it should running a bit cooler due to my Zerox G-5 mixture at 55-45 both are outstanding products. Then I due my honda SI anti freeze drain and fill. I am upset I have no temp gauge on the honda SI-. California should have made temp gauge req equipment- oh they don't help anyone but people who hate cars yet fly in a private jet all the time. Google.:box::beer:amazon does not have zerox Asian blue anti freeze. Only two Places Napa and Walmart online only have $13 Zerox Asian blue a direct match for $20 Oem honda anti freeze. Well that saved me over $20 bucks. I like puzzles and this anti freeze stuff would confuse any buddy.:drooling: Well this is really awful I solved the puzzle. :screwy:

Last edited:
didn't you buy a flashpro unit from someone here? It has a temp gauge

that maybe my next project to tune the car with the :coffee:hondata, what a can of worms that is. Do you need a laptop to access the temp gauge in real time while your driving. Just can't understand why honda Si doesn't have a temp gauge on the dash. Even the cheapest dodge neon has them. That's why I was going to change the coolant,a little insurance and its six years old. I still have to do the actually coolant drain and refill-looks easy but first time anything maybe not. I got to jack the car up a bit. I did see the radiator drain might plug might be loosened up top instead of on bottom. I am moving kind of slow these days, too many projects.:bunny:

disregard. I forgot you said you didn't have a smart phone.

I might buy a laptop just to tune the car!:spaz: I did discover a OEM replacement anti freeze $13 at pep boys and its Full strength anti-Freeze and maybe phoat. This anti freeze stuff is very fascinating! I may take a ride to pep boys its a 50 mile ride, only one in the state of Maine. Pep boys has the largest selection on anti-freeze maybe any where. O rally's has a good selection but just average pricing-nothing that special. At 13.68 shipped Walmart online has the lowest price on Zerox Asian blue a match for the OEM honda fluid. I need one gal of full strength phoat anti freeze. I have three gals ZAB coming from wally which is enough for the motorcycle vfr 800 and car honda si to do a drain and fill. I also have two gals of distilled water to flush out the honda radiator. I am very picky and only do A+ work on anything I do.

Last edited:
Can't load a pic 8 mb :guitar:of my vfr 800 interceptor oil change-testing out anti freze, g-05 and Asian blue Zerox. Camera shoots 8mb pics, I might be able to do less, but my Himalayan-Persians pics are outstanding-the rarest kittens in the world and the most loved.

found junk in my air box again in my VFR 800, at least the monk didn't eat my air fliter in the vfr 800-the stock air filter has a metal screen it it, the after market air filter was ate by the monk. I have change the oil and filter and put in my old air filter. I have Zerox G-5 anti freeze in it now and was going to switch it out to the zerox Asian blue which is the correct stuff, but the G-5 seems to be working fine. Its a pain in butt taking the other panel off to change out the anti-freeze.:worms: I took pic but its a 8mb and I couldn't load it. perhaps that web site might help.

I am running the wrong stuff in the vfr 800. I have the zerox g-5 in honda vfr-800, so I must change it to zerox Asian blue. g-5 is low in sillycarates still no good for honda water pump seals-it has been proven to eat water pump seals in honda vfr 800's. I just put g-05 in so it most likely has not yet caused any damage-long term yes it would. Phoat only in Honda's. Doing a full flush with distilled water then add less than a gal of premium Zerox Asian Blue. Muffin head- Cat Pee phosphates must be in anti freeze.:rotfl:

Last edited:
I got the honda vfr800 ready to go, oil change, air filter cleaned out of monk stuff and the entire full flush with Zerox Asian blue all done-I must say its easy to do on a motorcycle as I got all the zerox G-5 out 100%. Now lets ride and see my temps I get , I am sure it will be better , how much is the question?:corndance: took me quite a while to do all this:unicorn: this is quite a test the vfr 800 runs extremely hot normally and my real time temp reads with in one degree.

gee it feels like a new motorcycle, the monk really stop air from getting into the engine, also shot Fi cleaner while it was running. vfr 800 is running quite a bit cooler with Asian blue at 50/50, I was at 55/45 g-5. If you could mix the anti freeze phoat at 33/77 it would cool even better-looking for that full strength phoat anti freeze? The oil change is helping too, as I am using a high flow car extra large napa platinum designed for syn oil and castrol 10-40 oil set at full mark on a level surface. Small details add up.:chopwood::domokundance:

changed the Honda si 2013 anti freeze out using the radiator drain plug- not too hard to get at. About 1.5 gals came out. The anti freeze looked fine. I refilled with zerox Asian blue, a copy of the oem stuff but quite a bit less money $13,56 vs over $20 oem. Didn't really need to be done from the looks of the OEM stuff, but hey new is new, old is old.:vtec:

that doesn't include shipping 4 gal shipped is another fifty bucks, very poor deal. Walmart zerox Asian blue is 13.68 shipped-which is a exact match for honda OEM. Always look at total cost with shipping. You know what is coming out of your pocket?:eekdancesmiley: the honda dealer here wanted $20 plus tax- they got me for the tranny fluid $10 a bottle, but not going to get me for over priced anti freeze that's half water. I am still looking for a full strength anti freeze that I ad water myself, but so far only maybe pep boys might have something don't know. It must be a hoat anti freeze with those phosfates, only two meet that OEM honda and Zerox Asian blue. Zerox G-5 has been proven to eat honda water pump's,.:lildevil: Is dot 4 brake fluid ok in Honda's? just wondering about honda brake fluid. Seems like Honda's are very picky and what fluid you use. I did a anti freeze change that matched what the dealer would do for like $125.

Last edited:
I'd ask honda dealerships that sold stuff like that at msrp if they'd match pricing to another dealer. 99% of the time they would.

Just throw in some DOT 5.1 in the SI lol jk. The DOT 4 is just fine to put into your Civic all the deference is the boiling point for wet and dry but not all DOT 3 and DOT 4 are equal some DOT 3 are better than DOT 4.

and it is 19.08 list according to that link mysick posted. I've never seen a dealer sell stuff over

Back