Sunofwolf Random Banter Containment Thread

and it is 19.08 list according to that link mysick posted. I've never seen a dealer sell stuff over
well now you have Augusta honda was $20.21+tax for oem honda anti-freeze. However their price for tranny oil was $10 which is reasonable. the anti freeze stuff was driving me crazy-it really has to be a certain type or you will damage the cooling system. I was glad to have actually got that dam radiator drain plug loose as I did not want to mess with those plastic panels. Next time it will be much easy.

you have to add shipping to cost- the honda dealers around here are crooks, I had the same problem with dodge parts too. even with shipping often online places were cheaper. I am not going to worry about it as Walmart has cheap delivered anti freeze and I am still looking for a full strength version. When I changed the anti-freeze, I did not flush it with distilled water because I didn't want any left over water with full strength anti-freeze you could mix 55/45 to account for this. It gets very cold here sometimes -10 degrees or colder. I don't have to worry about corrosion, the oem honda stuff was good for ten years, I did it at six years. I also checked out tranny fluid and the local honda dealer even at $10, I could not beat the price because of shipping costs. My Valvoline 0-20 oil change and napa platium oil filter seem to be working very good. Next change which I am going to do early might just use the same for the extreme cold weather. I think platinum ultra 05-20 may not be as good in extreme cold weather-great summer oil however. I need to go back and see that cold weather test, I might be wrong here. Is Valvoline 0-20 better than 05-20 pennnziol ultra platinum in extreme cold? I know both are excellent and have all ready have both. this is just routine stuff that should be looked at with any car.:hmmm?: kind of like puzzles:paper:

College hill Honda is my favorite. From time to time they have some really good sales.
tranny oil $6.3 shipping $23 that's $29. I would have to buy like 20 qts at a time:rotfl:not a bad idea though amazon wasn't any cheaper either. Back to honda dealer $10 a qt at a time,:pat:

Do you man, I was only trying to help. You don't have to listen to anyone. I did not say to buy there MTF fluid I semple suggested they have good deals and that I like them as a company since they worked with me in the past.

:badger:I bet if I needed parts they would be the place to go. I am not doing anything more on the cooling department other then getting a real temp gauge maybe I am not sure limp mode or high temp gauge is enough. Right now I plan on tuning and a set of all season tires when I have to take o:tap:ff the HP summer tires. These Hondas are just made too well, I am use to a old dodge and broken cars. :spazface:

Looks like I found my next tire the potenza re980as $125 each , but the rebate is $70 for two steak dinners.$503-$70=427$ at tire easy. I still have to check other sites. these all season have 3rd sips and snow ridge walls for 50% better snow. Never know if I go out and get stuck in snow. My blue neon will have monster snows on it. Winter is coming, both cars have Hp summer tires and they have to go.:popcorn::corndance::paper: looks like tire rack has the 980 too but with free road protection. I bought a set of fire hawks-with tire protection. I think one tire is about go bad road damage:flame:

Last edited:
Michelin 3+ as are on sale for about $500 or the 980 for $430 after rebate both are excellent. What to do?:brock::bananawhipdance::bananapoke::bananasplit::bananapop:

Looks like the Michelin 3+ is the best, just not sure if the extra $70 is worth it.:cucumber: Its more like $50 difference. I know how great handling tire s Michelin is, I had their summer tire once and it was outstanding. a AS tire is most useful, . My summer tires should be taken off in a month. 500 tread wear as to summer 340.

Last edited:
Michelin 3+ as are on sale for about $500 or the 980 for $430 after rebate both are excellent. What to do?:brock::bananawhipdance::bananapoke::bananasplit::bananapop:
I really liked my Potenza S-04 I have not tried the all season 980s but I can only imagine they are worth every penny.

Michelin3+ is 3% better than the 980, seeing how tires can make a huge difference and with 500 tread life. either one is sure to be excellent.:corndance:

dedicated summer / dedicated winter is still a huge improvement over all seasons. Especially if you live in an area with a decent amount of snow.

discounttiredirect four 225 45 17 Michelin pilot sport 3+ AS with tire 2/32 lifetime replacement $540.36-these tires are rated Y or 185mph. sport 3+ is 2 pounds lighter than 980. The 980 was $32 less not much difference. The Y Michelin 3+:paper: tires 185mph are the most sporty and balanced very well. The 980 is rated w 168mph.. It looked to me that no one can match the French kiss. I have blown a tire under this war and they ask little questions and send a replacement. As far as I know no one else does this and discountiredirect gave a discount on tire war too because I bug them.:driving:I did not go with Michelin summer tires because they are so pricy but the 3+pilot sport is not, kind of strange being a much longer tire life than a summer one. Car tires are always important:lildevil::pianodance: Next I will start tuning- I am now out of car dough.:pinkdomokundance:

my firehawks 500 only have about 1500 miles on them at this rate-I will not need new tires for a decade.:rotfl:

• I got the number 1 Michelin as tire coming-Ha Ha no Bridgestone 980 for me :badger: IU see a few blown tires in future ha ha under war.

3+ Michelin tire is 2 pds lighter than 980 and saves over $100 in gas compared to the thirstiest ultra HP as 980, so right there sometimes a cheaper tire isn't the cheapest over time. However a y tire 185mph won't last as long as a w 166mph tire, but the difference is very small. The tired tire story of banter containment :popcorn::bananawhipdance::excited: I also have tested tire pressure and usually set them at 34pds, that's 2 pds more then stock and are not running stock size 215. I find big difference in 225 rides much nicer over potholes.:hatsoff:

Back