OEM vs after market fitment issue!!!

Kcnugz

Hey guys quick question.

I'm replacing my front oem shock absorbers with KYB. I'm having fitment issues Where the bottom of the strut bolts to the steering knuckle,

The oem strut has two bolt holes that are inline with another as where the KYBs topbolt hole is angled back and will not fit in place.

So I'm assuming they're not the right struts. But I've been told they are. I looked at a few other options and they all seem to have the same angle for the top bolt

apologize for the image.. couldnt seem to make that work

The car is a 2015 Civic Si Sedan.
a>

Attachments

• 20190804_130748.jpg
    20190804_130748.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
what year is your civic
what trim / lx/ex/si etc
coupe/sedan

i normally go through NAPA since its close and they've always had parts for me. but no, i didnt check their website.

it looks like that company makes them for the non-si trim. Maybe that's what napa sold you? Do you have the box, or is there a sticker with a part # anywhere?

non si kyb part #'s
3340153 left front strut
3340152 right front strut
348085 - rear shocks

i returned them, they obviously were not the right fit. just annoying. it was frustrating dealing with a store who hasn't failed me yet. im just trying to avoid honda. they over price their Struts

To my knowledge, the only choice you have for aftermarket struts on a 2014 or 2015 Civic Si are Truharts.
Reasonably priced too. I got mine from Chris @ Redshift Motorsports.

a number of people seem to like the truharts

I had truhart 2" lowering springs on my ex and loved them. Never got around to the struts, but I'm sure the quality is great. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on them if i were you.

Back