Local Autocross

Yes they will bump him to a different class. But I believe he has been autocrossing the '97 Civic more recently.
Correct i have been using the supercharged civic for autocross. The track nights have no classing system other than run groups by overall experience level.

Need some advice everyone. I recently started oval tracking my car this year. I’ve been out 9 times now. I’ve consistently got faster but I need some help to get my car setup also.

I have fighting a lot of understeer through the turns and it’s killing my corner speed.

I currently have 17x8 RPF1’s on 235/40 Nitto NT01.
Sportline Pro springs
Eibach rear sway bar

What can I do to decrease understeer and increase my corner Speed?

Need some advice everyone. I recently started oval tracking my car this year. I’ve been out 9 times now. I’ve consistently got faster but I need some help to get my car setup also.

I have fighting a lot of understeer through the turns and it’s killing my corner speed.

Sportline Pro springs
Eibach rear sway bar

do you have any adjustments to your camber/toe etc?
http://racetrackdriving.com/car-setup/track-alignment/

Sportline Pro springs
Eibach rear sway bar

Adjusting your camber will help some. You can also go thicker than the eibach rear sway bar for more rotation. I am running the progress 24mm bar on the softest setting and i hardly ever have understeer. You can also play around with your tire pressures. Try running lower pressures in the rear than the front. Sometimes that will help with rotation.

Also....this
9451088f451c9de9573a6e2f1ac6b3dd.jpg

The voltage regulator in the alternator died on the way to the event and was pushing 18v straight to the battery. The battery got stupid hot and exploded as I was pulling in to the parking lot. We ran to the parts store and put a new battery in and it fired right back up. I disconnected the alternator charge wire and ran the car straight off of the battery for my runs. Still managed 1st in SMF but I wasn't gonna push it and attempt to drive highway speed home for 35 mins off just the battery.

How is that progress 24mm sway bar-is it too much for the car Honda si? Would a 22mm progress sway bar be better or worse? My srt-4 has a 24mm sway bar in rear Hotchkiss hollow set at racing inner hole. and a larger front Hotchkiss racing hollow bar and solid engine mounts. The progress bar is solid so it would be stiffer than Hotchkiss but also very heavy. Looks like a rear engine mount might be a good idea-much vibration? I would imagine the honda si wouldn't be able to match my srt-4 in auto cross being much faster and also lighter. srt-4 has a power steering cooler and is lowered one inch with koni shock inserts.:confuzzled:

Last edited:
Back