Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

DragonSlayers
I remember a run we did around midnight or something one year. We got to a turnaround and hung out there for a while. There wasn’t anyone else out that we passed or anything, so it was pretty dead silent and pitch black. About 10 min later we see huge spotlights ripping through the trees. I think there were like 3 or 4 “local” guys on bikes that all had big front mounted spotlights and helmet lights. They stopped and talked with us all for a while asking what the best times were driving the full dragon, and what speeds we were hitting. I seem to recall the bike guys saying they were hitting 90’s in the more straight parts if they weren’t tied up in traffic. You clearly know there aren’t many “straight parts”, and they don’t last very long.

Someone from that night snapped a pic of the stargazing prior to the bikes showing up. Taking a rest on the dragon after a few were feeling sick from riding in the back seat on the first lap.

CEAAB0AF-EC0F-4237-84D4-9A08D134F95D.jpeg

Going to give my car a nice wash and wax today
Also selling my old seat covers to someone off Craigslist today. I got coverkings on mine now and they are worth it!
Aw and the buyer fell through, hopefully I’ll get rid of them eventually. I bought them when I just got the car from advanced auto not the greatest set but were good to start me off with something!

Not today, but yesterday I took the time to wash and detail my car. One of the best feelings is seeing after all the work you put in pay off when the car looks so dang good!

I popped my hood to check the oil and it looked like something nested I’m my car when it was parked outside. There was pee in the crevices of my intake manifold. Spent some much need time on the bay and washed the car good. Took the si out of semi retirement for the rest of the weekend cause A/C is just awesome in 90 weather. 6DD6C639-056B-4405-8CED-4775ED700CCE.jpeg379F17D9-CF74-41C8-8BB0-787EF9F50DFF.jpeg

I popped my hood to check the oil and it looked like something nested
How about a groundhog that took a 30 min trip in the engine bay back home into the garage. It decided to chew the wiring harness.

A848F769-709E-4D96-B9EC-3A82A5CE734E.jpeg

I popped my hood to check the oil and it looked like something nested I’m my car when it was parked outside. There was pee in the crevices of my intake manifold. Spent some much need time on the bay and washed the car good. Took the si out of semi retirement for the rest of the weekend cause A/C is just awesome in 90 weather. View attachment 59723View attachment 59724

How long was she sitting

Magically got reassigned to a new work location with about an hour commute so I installed a 300W powered sub in the Si for a little extra low end while I'm stuck in traffic. Sounded good to me in the driveway, we'll see how it sounds on the ride to and from tomorrow.

chip monks ate my VFR 800 air filter not stock, the stock one has a metal screen-good against the monk.:dogdance:

Back