2015 si sedan

Janz3n

Gibsons BC
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
sedan
Haven't made a build thread since the one I made on Honda tech for my 1990 civic hatchback 7 years ago. Since then I've got married, bought , sold and bought another house. Had 2 kids, moved from Edmonton back to ontario and became a master Chrysler tech. Went through two civics, 1999 4 door that decided to have no compression one day so it went to the junk yard a 2000 2 door that I rear ended a jeep TJ with and wrote it off.

I really liked my Ek civics because they were beater and I never cleaned them or worried about it. Then my wife convinced me to buy a nice car and I hate it every day because I have to keep it clean and mod it.

Mod list right now.
Flashpro
K&n drop in filter
E-tunez tune
Innovative 70a rear mount
Acuity shifter cable bushings
Tein street basis z coil overs
Megan rear camber arms
SPC front camber bolts
Xxr 531 18x8.5 +35 rims (sold)

Was tired of rubbing with the xxr rims so went back to stock for now and focus more on performance mods from now on.

IMG-20190406-162505-725.jpg IMG_20190908_154019_561.jpg 20190904_123721_HDR.jpg
With the wife's 18 LX hatchback.
20180930-171236.jpg

Not sure why everyone thinks 70a is too hard vibrations aren't that bad .IMG_20190911_185548_198.jpg

2000 civic aftermath. Totally my fault. Wish I kept it and fixed it now that I don't want to drive my si in the winter. Kid I hit had no damage so insurance wasn't used and I gave it to charity.
20180610-115757.jpg

How’s the car ride being at that height? Looks pretty low

How’s the car ride being at that height? Looks pretty low

Not too bad considering I was at -3 degrees of camber In the back and -2.5 in the front. I raised it half an inch when I out the stock wheels on and it rides better. Had to cut the bump stops in the front to be that low. The street basis z coils aren't ment to be that low. Never want to run low offset wheels again.

In for the ride!!!!

I did the same things as far as rims too. I would rub under hard turns so I said f it. Sold them and put all the money for my rbc/prl stuff. Best choice I made for the car.

Last edited:
Plans before winter. Either acuity cold air and tune or acuity short shifter. Not sure yet.

Over the winter I'd like to purchase a k tuned or full race downpipe and exhaust , debating going catless but I'm leaning towards catted so it might be k tuned since it's slightly cheaper. Cold air intake if I haven't done that already. I'd like to replace the rest of the engine mounts as well. Acuity throttle pedal spacer. I'd like to wrap the chrome with carbon fiber rap to see how it looks.

Last will be exterior. Front lip and side skirts paint matched. Red emblems. Rims will be last, not sure what I'll go with but it'll be around +45 at most. Pretty much all the usual mods that everyone does.

If I still have the car in 5 years I'll be supercharging it for sure. There's a ton more I want to do And this is why I miss my beaters.

In for the ride!!!!

I did the same things as far as rims too. I would rub under hard turns so I said f it. Sold them and put all the money for my rbc/prl stuff. Best choice I made for the car.

Yeah. I spent all summer dodging big dips and bumps, my route to work was planned exactly every day and if I drove anywhere else it was a pain. It looked good though. Only lost $100 selling them as I got them on sale. My OEM rims currently have winter tires on them and debating if I should buy summer tires now or wait till spring.

I'm hoping to buy a winter vehicle soon so I don't have to drive this in the winter since I had it polished over the summer and it's black.

Honestly. Take the gap out the well I think stockies look pretty damn good.

Honestly. Take the gap out the well I think stockies look pretty damn good.

What gap? id keep the stock rims if i got them refinished. they have some corrosion on the faces. i might look into it this winter if i get a winter car.

I have a Full-Race catless downpipe I used before I went boosted.

And if you are planning to go boosted Hondata FlashPro would be better because it has boosted options that Ktuner does not have.

I have a Full-Race catless downpipe I used before I went boosted.

And if you are planning to go boosted Hondata FlashPro would be better because it has boosted options that Ktuner does not have.

already have flashpro. how was the catless downpipe for smell and noise?

people have said the catless downpipe makes some odd noises for the first few hundred miles and then the sound improves.

people have said the catless downpipe makes some odd noises for the first few hundred miles and then the sound improves.
iv read some people find it too loud with the full race exhaust. but i also read people think the innovative rear mount causes too much vibrations so im not sure what to think.

might be getting the acuity cold air intake before winter with a tune. waiting to hear back.

It’s gonna be loud man. I’m catless and both the mega power rr and k tuned exhaust are pretty loud. But I have stiff exhaust hangers and I don’t get any vibrations in the cab. Even on the stock exhaust might be a bit to loud for some people. And like web said going catless will give u that weird whistle rattle sound.

Car rips though...

iv read some people find it too loud with the full race exhaust. but i also read people think the innovative rear mount causes too much vibrations so im not sure what to think.

might be getting the acuity cold air intake before winter with a tune. waiting to hear back.
@squiggy has the downpipe/exhaust combo. Maybe he can chime in more, but I know he said it can definitely be loud under full acceleration.

I had my catless downpipe bolted to my stock exhaust and it made it louder but not bad at all. During normal driving and highway cruising it sounds almost stock until you go WOT. During cold starts it is loud for about 20 seconds on cold days. That hissing from being catless went away for me or I may have just gotten used to it but you had to really listen for it.

If you set in traffic with a breeze you would probably smell it but I never noticed it unless I braked hard to a stop. For people behind you I am sure they might smell it but when my wife drove my car and I road behind here I could not smell it at all.

@squiggy has the downpipe/exhaust combo. Maybe he can chime in more, but I know he said it can definitely be loud under full acceleration.
Loud it can be...especially when you have a blown downpipe/midpipe gasket.

I like it, but I am also partial to loud motorcycles.

The wife doesn't like it, @bootyluvr hates it, and I have friend who doesn't mind it.

Mine is catted, btw.

Back