New ride! It’s turbo, it is a civic? Maybe....

How long till the next car is purchased?????

• 1 week

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 2 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 weeks

• 1 month

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 2 months

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 3 months

• 4-5months

• 6-8 months

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 8 months to 1 yr ...cmon guys

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 1yr+ ..why is this even here

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, they use credits so you just flash it later on. Like.. you know you're gonna' go Stage 2 anyways.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

awesome I will do that then. Thanks for the advice!

:eek: just for a DP install? Yikes.

Yeah just like "I'm not going to mod the Audi"

yes its stupid because the factory cat is huge and cant come out because the driveshaft is in the way.

yes I know I said I would keep it stock as this was my new daily, but ever since I’ve been working from home I’ve spent more time on the internet and kept seeing how well these cars respond to mods lol plus I miss having a modded car lol

So I said fck it and did everything today lol dsg transmission service, the turbo muffler delete, turbo inlet pipe and the new cf intake.

The hardest thing to do was the turbo muffler delete the rest were just time consuming especially the dsg transmission service.

9778F300-6203-449C-B2D5-10F750CC226E.jpeg 2726FC72-DDF3-4E81-9A92-D8015A1A5711.jpeg 95E4A216-50C9-4B73-A794-06F246CF34DE.jpeg 62A5AF99-5087-4F09-85E7-6D1E1E8B45C8.jpeg AF573036-FC28-45A0-BB45-1B47504579BD.jpeg B8F13A53-7A7B-471B-98B5-9E06B1ECEEE6.jpeg 99525422-797C-4BC1-8732-41BC8878BC5D.jpeg

Thanks guys! Yeah well all im missing now is the haldex (awd) service but thats easier and quicker to do, Im just waiting for the supplies to show up ohh and install the new spark plugs too.

I made this video a few weeks ago, this is what the new exhaust setup sounds like, I honestly need a downpipe, I like the sound but its too quiet for me.

Sounds good. U sure u want a dp though? Things get loud especially for a daily

talking to u like u don’t know that haha

Last edited:
Lol yeah trust me inside the car you can barely hear the exhaust, I miss the exhaust noise from my ST, I could hear it both inside and out.

Damn! Spending that coin!

I honestly just wanted the car a little louder lol its a plus that the stage 2 requires a downpipe

Darn.. This thread is putting me to shame!

man your s3 is beautiful! I’d love to see some more bolt ons though or mods. Any new plans for it?

I almost scored a used is38 turbo with 22k miles for $650 unfortunately it only lasted 1 hr on the Facebook market :/ I was too late...

I honestly just wanted the car a little louder lol its a plus that the stage 2 requires a downpipe

man your s3 is beautiful! I’d love to see some more bolt ons though or mods. Any new plans for it?

I almost scored a used is38 turbo with 22k miles for $650 unfortunately it only lasted 1 hr on the Facebook market :/ I was too late...

The list is long..

I'd love to trade up to an RS3 but I don't really NEED it. These MKV Supras are growing on me too. ..and the new C8 Corvette. I'm terrible.

That would've been a steal! Just make sure you check the revision of the turbo. Early IS38's were known to fail and they'd take the engine out with them. 11sec runs are super common for IS38 A3's.

The list is long..

I'd love to trade up to an RS3 but I don't really NEED it. These MKV Supras are growing on me too. ..and the new C8 Corvette. I'm terrible.

That would've been a steal! Just make sure you check the revision of the turbo. Early IS38's were known to fail and they'd take the engine out with them. 11sec runs are super common for IS38 A3's.

I think an RS3 would be a great step up for me since im coming from an a3 but from an s3 if stage 2 tuned I don’t think it would be worth it, the new supra and corvette are nice! I honestly don’t think I would get another car for a while, I was thinking of doing a manual swap later on on the a3 it seems like the golf r transmission would be a direct bolt on, if I use an is38 Im pretty sure I can run a golf r ecu or im not sure if I have to use a GTI ecu I have to do more research I found a manual swapped a3 mqb platform on Instagram the other day on IG and got my hopes up lol

yeah I heard that about the is38 turbos I also heard about the is20 having issues, I checked my turbo the other day and its a revised “G” series.

I think an RS3 would be a great step up for me since im coming from an a3 but from an s3 if stage 2 tuned I don’t think it would be worth it, the new supra and corvette are nice! I honestly don’t think I would get another car for a while, I was thinking of doing a manual swap later on on the a3 it seems like the golf r transmission would be a direct bolt on, if I use an is38 Im pretty sure I can run a golf r ecu or im not sure if I have to use a GTI ecu I have to do more research I found a manual swapped a3 mqb platform on Instagram the other day on IG and got my hopes up lol

yeah I heard that about the is38 turbos I also heard about the is20 having issues, I checked my turbo the other day and its a revised “G” series.

The A3/S3 is the exact same car minus a turbo difference. I WAS going to go with a CPO '17 A3 but it was the same price as my S3 and I knew I'd be modding it. The RS3 drives VERY different. No immediate torque delivery. You've got to wind the car out to feel it's full potential, BUT you're not gonna find another car that'll run a 10s 1/4 Mile with just a tune.

Freaking manual swap would be nice but it really hinders performance. Almost every manual AWD MQB I've seen runs like a half second slower at the track. Not as fun as the manual in the GTI.

Back