What turbo kit and who to buy from

Boosted19

Hey everyone, new to the fourm. I haven't had a si since my 2000. Looking to get back in to a 12 to 15. Dont like the look of the new ones as much. Definitely turboing as soon as I get it. Look for some guidance. Best turbo kit to get and who has the best deals. Would like to make 400/450whp. I've heard these cars can handle that pretty easily?. Not looking to drag the car at the track just a fun maybe a little roll race street car. Honestly I've been out of the Honda world so long. I dont know what company's are the go to for anything any more really. So I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks
Joe

Prl motorsports and fullrace are prob the two most popular. ~450 is pushing the trans. That tends to be the spot where 4th gear in particular has gone for a handful of users. It’s the weak link.

Welcome to the forum. I have the PRL stage 2 I got from Axion http://stores.axionind.com/new-category-8/

Talk to Mike, I am using the PT6262 ball bearing turbocharger, I'll start by saying the PRL kit fits perfectly with no alterations and it is a simple bolt on you can do in the backyard with hand tools. The Full-Race kit requires cutting to the subframe, bumper, and counter waight.

Like @webby said you are going to be limited to 400 WHP because the gears are weak. I have been pushing mine and I am waiting for it to go out but I normally baby my car since it is my daily.

How much are the gears? Hard to put in? Why not do them all?:confuzzled: everything comes in 333!

Welcome to the forum. I have the PRL stage 2 I got from Axion http://stores.axionind.com/new-category-8/

Talk to Mike, I am using the PT6262 ball bearing turbocharger, I'll start by saying the PRL kit fits perfectly with no alterations and it is a simple bolt on you can do in the backyard with hand tools. The Full-Race kit requires cutting to the subframe, bumper, and counter waight.

Like @webby said you are going to be limited to 400 WHP because the gears are weak. I have been pushing mine and I am waiting for it to go out but I normally baby my car since it is my daily.
this kit doesn’t come with a clutch kit right? For some reason they have a clutch in their picture list.

Last edited:
this kit doesn’t come with a clutch kit right? For some reason they have a clutch in there picture list.
Hmmm, I had to look at there web page to make sure. The kit I got did not come with a clutch or flywheel but it was much less than that so maybe they added it.

Back