Spark Plugs

PainlessCandy

Cleveland
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Hey guys. I have the Spark Plug replacement popping up on my MM @ 105k miles. I was wondering if anyone has recommendations on better ones (NGK Iridium?) or if OEM is fine. Someday I'll be boosted, so it'd be nice if they were suitable for that. Not seeing much in the way of threads about them specifically, so figured I'd ask.

Also, interesting news to report on an old warranty claim come next week!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ngk ILZKR7B-11S should be the oe part on some cars. Otherwise denso SXU22HCR11S. Can't go wrong with either, I prefer ngk. You would want to wait to swap to a colder plug once you go boost. No benefit to doing it prior.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

oem NGK is the way to go. Swap to colder plugs when you go with forced induction as mentioned ^

I recommend the newest technology from NGK, ruthenium. Same price as iridium but smoother cold starts and lower cold start idle. Free MPG/power boost, albeit small (~2% efficiency increase for me).

When I change the plugs, I might go with the new Ruthenium with the same heat range #7 as the OEM. But my '13 Civic has only 15K miles, a long way to go before the changes.

When I change the plugs, I might go with the new Ruthenium with the same heat range #7 as the OEM. But my '13 Civic has only 15K miles, a long way to go before the changes.
Holy smokes! 15k on a 13'?? And here I was thinking I had low miles at 60k on a 12'!!

I actually just replaced my OEM plugs last week at 68K. I know the service interval is supposedly 100K but its been 5 years and several track events so I figured it can't hurt anything. Went with OEM NGK plugs. Car ran smoother after for sure. I will say though that whatever engineer though putting the plugs under a tray that requires you to take off the wipers and cowl can go to hell.

What kind of plugs are those OEM's? In the Neon's this takes just 20min to change the spark plugs. Another win for the Neon. I don't yet have 20k miles on my 2013 Honda si- and knew the spark plug change over the neon spark plug change is 5x harder. Maybe the engine is pulled back in the Honda more?:confuzzled:

guess they are just like the honda vfr 800 uses. Ok I say replace at least every 50k miles or less maybe not needed?

Yea. I have my reasons. All of which u guys would find stupid. Just like a I change my oil way sooner then I should. Sorry webby.

Yea. I have my reasons. All of which u guys would find stupid. Just like a I change my oil way sooner then I should. Sorry webby.

you mean change your plugs way sooner than you should? Or you're doing plug changes with your oil change schedule :shady:

Edit!!! Only 3 times. When I tuned it for full bolt ons on 91. Again on e85. And just recently just because.

well I could see if you switched over to e85 and maybe even had them gapped differently

in the end. To each their own. I don’t drive the si much anymore but when I do it’s usually hard so I want everything on tip top shape.

I just recently did my fourth plug change. 56k
notice any improvement over your plug changes? In a Motorcycle those types of plugs last only maybe a third of what a car would do to the higher rpm's.

Back