Progress 24mm rear sway bar

I've seen a few of you guys say you're still running stock with no issue, so I really don't wanna pay that additional cost because they decided they only wanted to sell the 24mm with the adjustables I don't even want.

The adjustable is garbage according to pretty much everything I've read. I keep seeing that they have to keep being tightening them back up.

Moog seems to be the generally consensus for end links outside of stockies.

You're running the stock end links? Does that mean that you were able to find the bar by itself? I'm only finding the kit with the adjustables that everyone is saying clunk.
No the bar came with the adjustables, I just didn't feel the need to install them. MY car is not lowered so the stock ones kept the bat level at ride height like it is supposed to be. If i ever get coil overs I will go back and install the adjustable links to compensate.

No the bar came with the adjustables, I just didn't feel the need to install them. MY car is not lowered so the stock ones kept the bat level at ride height like it is supposed to be. If i ever get coil overs I will go back and install the adjustable links to compensate.

Ah okay. That must the piece of the puzzle I was missing. You guys with stock endlinks aren't lowered. That's when you'd need the adjustable. Thanks!

Here's a post from someone who is not so familiar with everything that i going on, but I am trying. So I bought a 2013 Civic Coupe, 5 speed manual and ever since I bought it there was a clunking noise coming from the rear. First I blamed it to the lack of spare tire, thinking that something in this compartment is making the noise. But after I emptied it all and drove and this noise was still going on, apparently it wasn't just this. I jacked it up, trying to find something lose. The shocks are tight, the rear sway bar bushings looked a bit cracked so I decided to start from there. Ordered them and got them. When I took em off the car and compared to what I've got they looked nothing in common. Apparently someone had swapped the sway bar with an aftermarket one and I was not aware. I guess the stock one that the civic comes with is 15 or 16 mm, and the one I got is 24 mm. I got 24 mm bushings today. I put them on, but the noise is still going on. After I put the new ones on, I tried to see if the sway bar is moving, and it is. It's a little loose. I don't know what to blame this on. You think I should replace the end links too? They did not seem loose first, when I had the old bushings, but you never know...

That's how the one I got off the car looks compared to the stock one I ordered, not knowing that I had an aftermarket sway bar. Also I tried to measure the bar and it came up as a 23.5 mm. So I assumed that it was the 24 mm that is discussed in this topic. When I measured the bushings that came off the car, the inside diameter was like 23mm. So should I order another set, like a 1 mm less than what I have now? Or you think the play I still have is to blame on the end links?

Attachments

• 20200620_130720.jpg
    20200620_130720.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 20200620_130727.jpg
    20200620_130727.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 20200620_130736.jpg
    20200620_130736.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • 20200620_170228.jpg
    20200620_170228.jpg
    918.6 KB · Views: 6
That's how the one I got off the car looks compared to the stock one I ordered, not knowing that I had an aftermarket sway bar. Also I tried to measure the bar and it came up as a 23.5 mm. So I assumed that it was the 24 mm that is discussed in this topic. When I measured the bushings that came off the car, the inside diameter was like 23mm. So should I order another set, like a 1 mm less than what I have now? Or you think the play I still have is to blame on the end links?
do the pics of the bar & parts match up to the parts you have on your car?
https://www.progressauto.com/produc...-18-acura-ilx-rear-anti-sway-bar#&gid=1&pid=4

Also I am thinking of maybe 23 or even 22 mm bushings. Does it make sense, or I should replace the end links first and see if there is still play/movement

it would probably help to know what make/model the sway bar is so you can have the correct bushings/brackets etc. Does the bar have any markings on it, ... is it that color gray like the progress? There are a handful of companies that make sway bars, so it could be something else? Although the godspeed is also 3 way adjustable, but made in red. The eibach is 19mm for the rear in red. I'm trying to think what else it could be if it's not 3 way adjustable.

I looked at all the visible parts of the bar, no markings or anything written on it whatsoever...It is a dark grey color and 24 mm, that is why I thought it is the same as the one from the topic, but apparently I missed a big point - it is not 3 way adjustable.

Back