GM to reveal a radically new Corvette

at least its not a electric car, does not look like a corvette-I like to see the engine so that's kind of cool.

I like the look. And, I think it is good to see one of the Big 3 try and compete with some of the European exotic manufacturers (more because I want to see the press about it). I don't think the new Corvette will ever be as awe inspiring as seeing a Ferrari (after the first few years) since it will not be as exclusive; but, it does make me interested in the Corvette a bit more than the previous versions (even though they were still very good performance cars).

Chevrolet has revealed that the 2020 Corvette Stingray has almost been sold out for the 2020 model year

While speaking at the public showcase of the new C8 Corvette during the Concours d’Elegance of America, GM design chief Michael Simcoe told crowds “I think the orders have already hit the first year of production numbers.”

Autoblog had the chance to pull aside Simcoe shortly after he made this statement and was told that while the Corvette hasn’t sold out quite yet for 2020, it will in the very near future. “It’s nearly sold out. It’s so close that it’s bound to be sold out soon,” Simcoe said.

I wasn't 100% on board with the styling when I first saw it, but it's starting to grow on me. I think the price point is really whats going to help it.

Ha it does look nice but still too much for Me unless I turn into a robo caller.:shady:

wYqTRlP.jpg

Chevrolet Will Unveil C8 Corvette Convertible On October 2

Powering the Corvette Stingray Convertible will be the same 6.2-liter naturally-aspirated V8 as the Coupe, with 490 HP in base trim and 495 with the available Z51 Performance Package and exhaust, while a recent document frevealed that the open-top will only weigh 102 lbs (46 kg) more.

Hennessey Promising 1200HP Corvette Package

lygEqFw.jpg

According to the Texas-based tuner, they’re planning to offer an insane performance package for the Corvette C8 that will enable the model to produce up to 1,200 hp (895 kW / 1,217 PS).

The company isn’t releasing a lot of details at this point, but they confirmed the car will be equipped with a “specially built” LT2 V8 engine that features upgraded internals including forged aluminum pistons and forged steel connecting rods. The engine will also be equipped with twin turbochargers, while the dual clutch transmission will be “fortified.”

Unfortunately, the headline grabbing package is still a ways off and the company will initially offer a stainless steel exhaust system that promises to deliver “improved sound and a slight power increase.” Later down the road, we can expect a supercharged variant that produces up to 700 hp (522 kW / 710 PS).

Besides the power upgrades, Hennessey with offer an adjustable suspension, a Brembo braking system and assortment of wheels and tires. The company also announced plans for a Carbon Aero kit that includes a carbon fiber front splitter, airdam and rear wing.

Some of the upgrades are expected to be available in 2020 and founder John Hennessey said “We are very excited about the new C8 Corvette and have big plans for it.” He added, these upgrades will go from “mild to wild” as the company has already received “hundreds of inquiries from C8 buyers wanting to know what we will be offering for the new Corvette.”

3xpSKCK.jpg

CNNtMjE.jpg

New Corvette Models In The Pipeline

The 2022 Corvette Z06 is expected to feature a 5.5-liter flat-plane crank V8 similar to the one used in the C8.R and produce between 615-625 hp and 480 lb-ft of torque. Pricing is estimated to start around $80,000 and the model is slated to be offered with optional carbon fiber wheels.

Chevrolet will reportedly introduce the new ZR1 next year. It’s predicted to have a twin-turbo version of the aforementioned 5.5-liter V8. Power figures are expeced to hit 825-850hp with a $120,000 price tag.

It's rumored that there is an electric plug in hybrid version coming for 2023 which could be called the E-Ray. Rumors say it will have two front mounted electric motors and potentially a third motor between the engine and transmissions. It's rumored to be targeting 700hp and a $100,000 price point.

Roughly one year later, Chevrolet will reportedly introduce an electric Corvette. It’s expected to be based on the plug-in hybrid variant, but feature a larger battery pack and a rear-mounted electric motor or motors.

Completing the Corvette lineup is the long-rumored Corvette Zora. It's rumored to being tested with a twin-turbo 5.5-liter V8 from the ZR1 as well as the plug-in hybrid system from the E-Ray. Power figures floating around are north of 1000hp with the hybrid motor setup. Pricing for this 1000+hp vehicle is supposed to start in the $150,000 range. As far as 1000+ hp vehicle go, this could be the biggest bargain vehicle on the market.

2023 C8 Corvette Z06 Audio Clip Teaser​

View: https://youtu.be/8iQqi9s2Q2E

The 2024 C8 Z06 will have an all-new 5.5-liter V8 engine. Chevrolet hasn’t said much about it, but it was developed alongside the one used in the Corvette race car and rumors have suggested it could produce as much as 617 hp (460 kW / 626 PS) and 480 lb-ft (651 Nm) of torque. That would be a significant improvement over the standard model which has up to 495 hp (369 kW / 502 PS) and 470 lb-ft (637 Nm) of torque, and can rocket from 0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) in 2.9 seconds.

Back