Sunofwolf Random Banter Containment Thread

Did you look to see if yours had a recall?
Honda did put out the models #'s effected. I you have one of those cars you have a right to have it repaired free and honda won't dispute it either-I called them up about that very issue.

I liked the acuity shifter pics, but my Hurst shifter is even much better and it is a rare part- a short throw and it actually clicks when you shift it to make sure you know the its in gear. It does look better without the cover too! I am driving the black monster today SRT-4

Attachments

• DSC00262.JPG
    DSC00262.JPG
    492.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
:pat:Not on these SRT-4 cars they didn't make many of them. A appeal cost $175 looks like just not worth doing. I guess, I have to give up on this ticket ug:shhhh:

Last edited:
They probably did not make many because all the SRT-4 blew up not long after they left the factory.

never heard that before- Only's ones that blew up had a/f problems.

Have you not read the consumer reports on the Neon? It was rated one of the most unreliable, unsafe and worst car available and for good reason that is why dodge killed it off. I mean it completely failed the IIHS. Anyone I knew that had one it didn't last long.

Did you look to see if yours had a recall?

Never had it come up under any open recalls, but according to the VIN series that Webby posted in the thread about it I am one of the affected. I'm sure it's too late at this point though.

EDIT:

Yep. Too late. It was a Service Bulletin not a recall. That's why they never said anything. Oh well. I just have to pay attention to oil level. :(

Last edited:
that's why I like them they are dangerous cars. I saw a accident once just after it happened. The neon got hit just above the driver side door-Looked like the driver got out alive. Air bag went off, driver door on ground or hanging. You don't want to hit anything on the side door-front crashes it ok, Roll over very bad as the roof is very weak. It mainly driver fault as small cars don't do well in crashes, there are plenty of worst cars out there. But notice the yrs 2002-2005. Those are fast cars with young drivers srt-4 2003-2004 2005 with modified 300hp + engine's, one even has 355Hp stage 3 model using race gas 100-match that honda R! Those SRT-4 cars about 50,000 are almost all destroyed by teenagers that's where the 160 drivers went:flame:SRT-4 has a pretty big racing record. Came in like 5 th place once in the cannonball run from NY-CA- or where ever they started. Do you really think a Subaru turbo Is that much safer when hitting something at 100+, your still in deep pain. I have noticed the Honda si 2013 with its 50pds of extra steel, back spare does act like a bumper is a lot safer car by a lot. Its not really the cars fault-its light no compact is really good in crashes except for -Honda SI is very good. I would think the honda R model is quite dangerous-its very fast with a inexperienced driver-death machine too.:paper: Ya I got to get rid of that nasty SRT-4 but it such a monster. I put cover that car and let it sit there-marine stabilized treatment was added today again. Ya it is trying to get rid of anyone who is crazy enough to want to drive it:shady:

Never had it come up under any open recalls, but according to the VIN series that Webby posted in the thread about it I am one of the affected. I'm sure it's too late at this point though.
No honda will fix it call their Main number-you give up way to early. Your car has a defective engine and honda is being cheap and not doing a recall but they should have. Honda doesn't want to do anything but you have to call them and take nothing but a major engine tear down. Honda does not want bad press. You have to take it to a honda dealer and get it inspected.

There are plenty of “small/mini” cars in size that get top awards or 5+ stars with iihs. There is a lot of engineering in how a car performs in a crash. Honda even designed the engine to drop lower in the engine bay (in a head on crash) to avoid it going into the cabin.

I have also seen some Subarus in like 2000 or 2001 that were involved in a head on crash with both vehicles traveling around 65mph each. One had crossed a highway and they collided at full speed. All of the occupants were okay, but the cars were both absolutely destroyed.

https://www.iihs.org/ratings/top-safety-picks/2019

ironically Hyundai/Kia used to have some of the worst crash/safety ratings early on. Now they have a bunch in the top safety pick spot

I had no idea that Neons failed IIHS-- but I'm also not surprised either.

...Most of the Neon drivers I knew back when I first got my license in high school were kids who wanted Civics. Usually something to do with their parents not wanting to buy an import. No matter what any of them did, those things never quite looked the part.

Honda's design however by sinking the engine so low makes spark plug removal a pain in the back- Lucky you don't have to do it often. In the neon I can change the plugs in 10 min. neon is simple to fix. My 2001 granny car is a nice car and cost only $12750 brand new in 2001-still the town hall charged my neon $90 for a two cent sticker-another beef I got beside a bunch of crooks called Maine state Police or MSP and the courts-they take some of this money for themselves=$ 27 million in 2018 from a tiny population in tickets. Out of state cars are targeted in Maine for tickets. I am going to start calling the governor of Maine, congress rep and senators and then go down the whole list and complain. If they don't drop my speeding ticket they will fire me up more. I now believe some kind of quota's were being done because the MSP was blocking traffic at rush hour to hand people tickets and impleading traffic flow. MSP is suppose to patrol the Hwy not country roads.:brock: I came up with a great sign- Fight Traffic Ticket Honk=FETTH or thief. I hear CA is the worst state in the country for tickets.-the highest fines for poor people, ya they really are great to poor people in CA.:bananawhipdance:

Last edited:
Honda's design however by sinking the engine so low makes spark plug removal a pain in the back
I'm referring to a design implemented to happen in the event of a crash. The engine does not push backwards when it is struck head on. It literally drops down towards the ground during impact before being pushed rearward into the firewall/cabin. I'm not talking about where honda placed the engine in the bay.

:banana whip2:The honda si is not easy to work on because of engine placement, yes its good idea in a crash, but I would rather be unsafe like the neon and be able to fix the car myself without back pain that goes for the TNPS which I hate expensive and not needed, though I have to laugh about a car I saw driving on a almost flat tire-oh well you can't fix broken minds

Last edited:
:banana whip2:The honda si is not easy to work on because of engine placement, yes its good idea in a crash, but I would rather be unsafe like the neon and be able to fix the car myself without back pain that goes for the TNPS which I hate expensive and not needed, though I have to laugh about a car I saw driving on a almost flat tire-oh well you can't fix broken minds:popcorn:Well lets see if I can get that waver for $175 so I can file a appeal. that could be very useful if I need to file two appeals.

"but I would rather be unsafe like the neon and be able to fix the car myself without back pain"

"oh well you can't fix broken minds"

Back