2015 Civic Hybrid iMid / reverse camera and aftermarket stereo

Geistzeit

Vehicle Model
Hybrid
Body Style
Sedan
Hi,

I'm installing an aftermarket stereo in my 2015 Civic Hybrid sedan. I'm using the ASWC-1 to retain steering wheel controls. I'm wanting for the stock reverse camera to continue feeding to the iMid display. Does the aftermarket stereo affect anything here ?

From what I can tell it should be fine, but all the information I can seem to find are for different year Civics and I wasn't sure if the setup is the same for everything in the generation.

The big box place I'm getting it installed at aren't any help in this regard. Their only suggestion is to get the adapter that will send the stock camera to the aftermarket stereo (and it's not something sold by them so it's not like they're just trying to make a buck - I'm already paying for installation) since they have no way of confirming that I would be able to retain the stock camera any other way.

Thanks in advance for any guidance anyone can provide. Also apologies in advance if there was some info I didn't see on here somewhere already that would address this matter.

Yeah as long the OEM camera is using the I-Mid it won’t stop working with an aftermarket head unit but if the camera is hooked up to an OEM head unit you will loose that camera function.

Back