Official Computer Talk Thread

Im getting ready for a cross country move, and part of it will need to move my media server, the debate is which is better, let the movers put it on the truck with the rest of my belongings or take it with me in the trunk of my car?

for references its 12 mechanical drives and 1 ssd in a rosewill 4u server case

Im getting ready for a cross country move, and part of it will need to move my media server, the debate is which is better, let the movers put it on the truck with the rest of my belongings or take it with me in the trunk of my car?

for references its 12 mechanical drives and 1 ssd in a rosewill 4u server case

I say take the drives out and let the movers move it. If they were all SSD I would say leave it and let them move, but being platters I'd say pull them and you transport.

I would 100% pull the drives and wrap each one for transport. Linus even had a video where they moved a server across a parking lot on a rolling cart type thing and the vibration from that alone killed the server they were moving. Secure the drives if you care what's on them

I hope so. I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow to start working on it. Got the first few parts opened up and realized I've got some reading to do to make sure I don't screw it up. So I'll start with a fresh day.

Very nice! I have a very similar setup. Which CPU? 2700x?

I've got the exact same mobo with a 2700x, and my PSU is a Supernova as well. The board is a bit flashier than I'd like, but performs well.

Very nice! Did you get help with the rgb, or the header stuff worked?

Back