Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

And here i am just rearranging my garage today...wish i had my Honda to work on.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You know how it is... the way things are going with manual trannies, combined with a great V6 (discontinued) it's not going to get any easier. They didn't even sell many to begin with, and like you said people keep them knowing how special they are. So chances are by the time they're available they'll be completely trashed.

Amazingly, it's a single overhead cam.

i'm always amazed they wear out...

any thoughts on who makes the new Costco full synthetic? It's dirt cheap so i'm guessing Pennzoil is using their new nat gas basestock. Eventually i'll send a sample of both to Blackstone to see if the additive package is similar.

btw, Costco sells the oil for $15.00/per 5 qts, full price, occasionally with $5.00 off. So that's $3.00/qt. Beat that.

Warren...so same as the amazon oil

View attachment 60186

I'll call Warren tomorrow. Doubt they'll be able to tell me much, although it's apparent they have the capability to formulate high end lubricants... if they're given the budget for it.

The single thing that impressed me with Pennzoil Ultra was the TBN after 5,000 miles. That's a stout detergent package.

Pennzoil Ulta's been running $20 - $25 on Amazon, delivered. Great price, but Costco has them beat by a wide margin.

They sell oil for cheap. I was just there and bought 6 quarts for 28.99 of Mobil full synth 5w-20. Other 6 packs were cheaper by a ton.
any thoughts on who makes the new Costco full synthetic? It's dirt cheap so i'm guessing Pennzoil is using their new nat gas basestock. Eventually i'll send a sample of both to Blackstone to see if the additive package is similar.

Back