Electric Power Steering & VSA Light

Daniel Baldueza

Hey guys, so I have a 2012 Civic Si, a month ago I installed a stage 1 clutch kit from Action Clutch and after the installation the car was fine but now I’m having a problem with the EPS I don’t know why my steering gets hard to turn, along with jerking left to right (by itself) at low RPMs. Aside from that I also have a VSA light, and every time I step on the brake there’s a feeling of the brake pedal vibrating with a grinding noise... Can anyone guide me to the right direction on how to fix this???

sounds like a few problems. Grinding noise check brake rotors and pads. I don't know much about eps and vsa.

from the manual:

If the EPS Indicator Comes On
■ Reasons for the indicator to come on
• Comes on when there is a problem with EPS.
• If you depress the accelerator pedal repeatedly to increase the engine speed while the engine is idling, the indicator comes on, and sometimes the steering wheel becomes harder to operate.

■ What to do when the indicator comes on
Stop the vehicle in a safe place and restart the engine.
If the indicator comes on and stays on, immediately have your vehicle inspected by a dealer.

If the EPS Indicator Comes On
If you repeatedly turn the steering wheel at an extremely low speed, or hold the steering wheel on the full left or right position for a while, the system heats up. The system goes into a protective mode, and limits its performance. The steering wheel becomes harder and harder to operate. Once the system cools down, EPS is restored. Repeated operation under these conditions can eventually damage the system.

Wow I am not use too eclectic steering-it's quite scary.:hmmm?: Kobe B

Back