Not my first civic...

The only thing holding me up on the GS-R is I need to buy a house with a garage so I can have space to work on my cars. I need to strip the car down to do some much needed restoration. I really need to replace a lot of stuff and I want to try and paint the car myself once I get closer to finishing the big upgrades.

After looking for some time on the K series I am going to go with CP piston 87.5MM and Carrillo rods. I am probably just going to go with king racing bearings. For the gsr I don't have a clue I thought about going all motor but I know myself I will probably get bored and add boost down the road.

King racing bearings, cp pistons and lastly carrillo rods still slower than one old worn out srt-4:popcorn: sounds like a recipe too going broke-Ha Ha.:bananapoke::giggle:

You should just block him for good measure. This guy is a cancer spreading throughout our forum...my life has been much more rewarding after blocking.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Decided to not paint the calipers (lazy I know) but I did clean the crap out of them. I’ll be able to bleed them with a little help after work tomorrow. Can’t wait. I love the s10 but man i need some speed. I might try and wax her this weekend but I gotta dig out my buffer. Also changed the tranny fluid. AFCF2985-192D-4D63-A519-5EABCA3611C6.jpeg3636FC6D-AD55-4D96-9A8E-14D0CD413397.jpeg I was cleaning the last caliper and I hit a corner of it with brake cleaner which shot back up and hit me perfectly in my left eye. I freaked out and ran to my sink and started rinsing it out. Always wear safety glasses when spraying crazy ****. **** that hurt. And I’m an idiot.

The worst is penetrating fluid, it displaces water which will make your eyes burn. Being a mechanic for over 10 years took me a long time to realize the importance of safety glasses along with getting metal in my eyes more times than I want to say.

Like the brakes, something I'd like to do soon, but you gotta paint the calipers, they look out of place next to the new rotors.

The worst is penetrating fluid, it displaces water which will make your eyes burn. Being a mechanic for over 10 years took me a long time to realize the importance of safety glasses along with getting metal in my eyes more times than I want to say.

Like the brakes, something I'd like to do soon, but you gotta paint the calipers, they look out of place next to the new rotors.
i think I will. The tires are still off and it’s buggin the crap out of me.

paint ends up on rotors and pads-not good for you. eat recycled food.

Decided to not paint the calipers (lazy I know) but I did clean the crap out of them. I’ll be able to bleed them with a little help after work tomorrow. Can’t wait. I love the s10 but man i need some speed. I might try and wax her this weekend but I gotta dig out my buffer. Also changed the tranny fluid. View attachment 60203View attachment 60204 I was cleaning the last caliper and I hit a corner of it with brake cleaner which shot back up and hit me perfectly in my left eye. I freaked out and ran to my sink and started rinsing it out. Always wear safety glasses when spraying crazy ****. **** that hurt. And I’m an idiot.
Was changing fuel injectors on my 8th gen some years ago and i made the same mistake. No safety glasses, popped the first one out and shot delicious 91 octane into my eye. **** it burned like hell. I just yelled for my wife to bring me a bottle of water, but i guess the way i said it scared the hell out of her, lol. Now i tend to wear them whenever im doing anything remotely related to debris getting in my eyes.

Also @ron v, you gotta paint the calipers brotha. Even if you just hit them with some black to freshen them up, or hell, even silver. Next to those fresh rotors their age is showing. Well, time to go take some measurements to make my wife's dog some steps to get into the bed, lol

just got brake fluid in my eye at work. apparently i still havent learned to wear safety glasses.
paint reducer
brake clean
metal
gass
brake fluid. all things ive had in my eyes now.

Been there too, it burns for a while after you get it out. Prolly because it's drying your eyes out the whole time...

Been there too, it burns for a while after you get it out. Prolly because it's drying your eyes out the whole time...

Yeah. Brake fluid absorbs water. Hurt all day. Seems to be better this morning.

Back