Amazon, Mobil 1 & Valvoline Oil Compared

:dancing1::dance:wow that even beat the last deal $25-$10 rebate=around $16 for 5qts, now $20-$10=$10 for 5 qts plus a little more. Pennzoil sent the rebate right away-use online and save a stamp too and get the refund fast. Pennzoil can afford to give you the oil at cost, then full price when you see how good it is.

Amsoil website sells the Signature Series 0w - 20 for $13.30 at full retail. Be a preferred customer for $10/6 months. Free ship over $100. Signature Series has "50% more cleaning power than Amsoil OE". SS is guaranteed for 25,000 miles/1 year. Not sure about OE. Still looking.

https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/motor-oil/gasoline/

Pennzoil Ultra at $20 with $10 rebate +tax is only around $2.5 a qt or less. I all ready have 10qts of Pennzoil ultra. And this rebate deal is super super good-going to get 10more qts for sure-I know I will use it.:vtec::party:

Don't know if amazon is a expectable retailer for $10 rebate-must check first-it is not listed

rebate is not good at amazon. Go to the rebate info-no amazon listed. This happens quite often-when you assume something -you have to check to see the real answer. As usual I am the only one here that can think! You assume wrong! The pervious rebate was good not this one. Perhaps call Pennzoil:domokundance: and have them add it?

Notice on amazon pennnziol page no rebate form is listed-still $20 is 4qt more than the old price of $25 with rebate-$15. You have been tricked into assuming wrong. I called Pennzoil:shadycorn: no rebate at amazon. No rebate No rebate Noooooooo:bananapoke: Amazon does have the lowest price however with Nooooooo
rebate. No No Nooooooooooooo. By the way amazon was sending me a used camera for $79 and canceled it. Went back and saw same thing for $59 saved me half price-I am a very good shopper LOL!:guitar:

I didn't assume anything, you assumed I cared that that you cared about the rebate which I don't, so that's two assumes to my zero assume. So I assume to winning the assume. :bananawhipdance:

:shadycorn:you can mix oil of same quality- I often mix syn oil- I rarely buy reg oil.

oil prices lowest in a year-keep it coming closed below $50.

Last edited:
I use Mobil 0-40 European Blend for years in the srt-4, its the best auto Mobil one oil by far for cars.. I doesn't surprise me 05-30 Mobil one didn't win- they cheap out making it because of American specs are so low.:chopwood:

Just did an oil change with Penn ultra platinum. Most places around me only have the platinum and not the ultra. The ultra on amazon was cheaper than what I can buy platinum in stores.

Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/Pennzoil-Ultra-Platinum-Synthetic-Motor/dp/B01M4KQR8U/

@Nomar06 has had some good blackstone lab analysis with his, so I’m giving it a try. Is anyone else running ultra in their cars/trucks?

Ultra is a steal near $25. Been using it for 6+ years, no issues whatsoever. Gave up Amsoil b/c of it, and I was a big Amsoil fanboy.

For Hondas I buy the 10w-30 when 5w-20 isn't available for $25. Honda factory reps tell me that using the 10w-30 is fine. The 20 was recommended for better fuel economy over 3000rpm. For wear protection it doesn't matter. Just keep in mind that wider span viscosity oils [i.e., 0w-40 versus 5w-20] means a higher viscosity index. A higher VI means more viscosity modifiers, those lighter molecules that burn off first, returning the oil to its base state. So keep the viscosity band as tight as possible unless the car specifically calls for a 0w-40, 50 or 60.

Love Project Farm and esp his editing skills. Just keep in mind PF is not conducting industry accepted ASTM tests done with the proper equipment. Even so it's clear Ultra is superior and is better for extended changes due to its better detergent package/higher TBN. The extreme pressure agents are more robust as well.

For a measly 25 bucks there's no reason why DIYers shouldn't change it every 4 months or 4,000 miles regardless. I've had no issues occasionally going 6-7k miles under mostly freeway conditions and there was still plenty of life left. A very stout oil.

Back