Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

i think a lot of people get into the civic game thinking it’s easy to make a fast clean little 4 banger like u see in YouTube videos and the fast in the furious. Let me tell u it’s not. Well the first few times. Unless u have $$$$$$ and have someone do it for u and at that point what’s the fun in that.

I think the "Civics are easy to mod" mindset is how you get so many... you know...

....Starchy cars.

You really have to get people to understand that the actual build sheets for these aren't cheap at all for the most part. Heck, I'm in 2K already for just wheels and exhaust. It'd be much worse if I didn't have access to Dad's shop.

View attachment 60249

Finished changing my front rotors and pads. Those are my pads at almost 60k miles compared to new pads. I probably could have gotten away with turning and been fine for another 20k.

I believe it was just the type of rotors honda used. It would only have a pulsation after they heat up. On highway driving it will become extremely annoying as my steering wheel felt like a jackhammer.

I believe it was just the type of rotors honda used. It would only have a pulsation after they heat up. On highway driving it will become extremely annoying as my steering wheel felt like a jackhammer.
_________
Just joking... i don't believe in brakes either. Wrong car for that. ;)

Sorry, forgot the NOS. Can't get much done with that.

Attachments

• IMG_20200201_153819750.jpg
    IMG_20200201_153819750.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
Didn't realize that was only Donut's 50th episode. Geez... now's he's got over 3 million subs, and you should see his production crew.

Don't know if anybody's ever caught it.

My custom license plate holder is from our very own College Hills Honda, who went out of their way to verify approval of the VTEC logo for me, and have it made. Not only that, but when the more visible lower section said "I-VTEC" it made sense to put something else on the top section. Is that why i'm being pulled over so much?

Pulled this out of my wife's Insight today.

View attachment 60346
Ouch!! What in the world happened here?

Don't know if anybody's ever caught it.

My custom license plate holder is from our very own College Hills Honda, who went out of their way to verify approval of the VTEC logo for me, and have it made. Not only that, but when the more visible lower section said "I-VTEC" it made sense to put something else on the top section. Is that why i'm being pulled over so much?

You should add this to the back window.

https://grfxp.com/collections/funny-stickers/products/hello-officer-emoji-printed-sticker

Ouch!! What in the world happened here?

You should add this to the back window.

https://grfxp.com/collections/funny-stickers/products/hello-officer-emoji-printed-sticker

seems up to spec

Bad rings. Lots of oil getting through. Just replaced the plugs about a year ago.

I have known about the ring issue for a few years, but it recently started burning more than a quart per 1,000 miles. Time to take it in for a consumption test and get the rings replaced under a TSB.

Damn it’s crazy it did that much damage to the plug. We’re u getting insane misfiring? How many miles?

How many miles does the insight have?

edit...Ron beat me to it

Damn it’s crazy it did that much damage to the plug. We’re u getting insane misfiring? How many miles?

How many miles does the insight have?

edit...Ron beat me to it

85k (2013 model year)

10k would be generous on these plugs.

Damn thing actually has two plugs per cylinder. Typical crazy vibration due to mis/no fire wasn't really noticable. Got lucky the bad one was in the front. Rear ones requiring removing the cowl and heat shield to get to.

I want to replace the rear one and am curious to see how it looks.

It started with VSA, hill assist, emissions, and braking system lights. Assumed it was the battery since it was OEM at seven years old. Replaced that, lights went away for a while...lights came back. Had the battery scanned and was apparently bad. Replaced that and still had issues. Scanned via OBD and noticed the misfire. So, I replaced the plug today and it cleared everything up...so far

Last edited:
Oh wow 1.5l 3 cylinder. An engine I didn’t know Honda made. The mpg’s are insane on those things. I need to look into these.

Back