Official Gun Thread

managed to shoot a hipoint, hit the target and didnt have it explode in your hand, im impressed

@protegeV - You lucky you moved out of Maryland. These gun laws here are ridiculous.

Need an Heavy Barrel for an AR15 to make it legal in MD.. :/

First off - I'm not trying to start a fight or get into a 2nd Amendment argument here, but why the enthusiasm for these AR15-style weapons?
I'm struggling to see the appeal.
Are they investments?
They aren't the best for self/home defense or even hunting.......so why?

First off - I'm not trying to start a fight or get into a 2nd Amendment argument here, but why the enthusiasm for these AR15-style weapons?
Are they investments?

Right there with you. I don't see it either. I'm not anit-gun either. I've got Sigs and Rugers, plus some rifles and a shotgun. Never had the apppeal/need for anything tac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are they investments?

I have an AR-15 and it is my last resort for a Home deference weapon. It is mostly for sport and fun but I believe most people get them because they look similar to the M16A4 or M4A1.

@protegeV - You lucky you moved out of Maryland. These gun laws here are ridiculous.

Need an Heavy Barrel for an AR15 to make it legal in MD.. :/

do you actually? when i looked into it moving to md i would have had to pay a registration fee on my ar but not have to change anything

Are they investments?

Right there with you. I don't see it either. I'm not anit-gun either. I've got Sigs and Rugers, plus some rifles and a shotgun. Never had the apppeal/need for anything tac.

Oh here we go...

"Not anti-gun but don't want people to have AR15's" :rolleyes:

I have an AR-15 and it is my last resort for a Home deference weapon. It is mostly for sport and fun but I believe most people get them because they look similar to the M16A4 or M4A1.

^ exactly. My 9mm would be my first choice to use

do you actually? when i looked into it moving to md i would have had to pay a registration fee on my ar but not have to change anything

Per MD law any AR15 you buy needs to have a HBAR (Heavy Barrel)

I am not sure why they require a Heavy barrel? I always thought of heavy barrels to be an upgrade for accuracy and the capability to put more rounds without overheating or warping?

Whether I or anyone else is anti-gun or not is beside the point of this conversation. I’m trying to understand the appeal. That’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether I or anyone else is anti-gun or not is beside the point of this conversation. I’m trying to understand the appeal. That’s it.

I’ve never understood why the AR-15 is so loathed. It’s still a semiautomatic firearm. It’s not what the media makes it out to be.

As far as appeal goes.. it’s the same for any hobbyist. I’ve got a 9mm and some hollow points for home defense and a .22 for plinking targets at the range. Once you’ve outgrown close range firearms you naturally move onto others for sport.

I am not sure why they require a Heavy barrel? I always thought of heavy barrels to be an upgrade for accuracy and the capability to put more rounds without overheating or warping?
Yeah that's what I thought.. not sure why MD requires it.

It's a hobby like owning cars. [emoji2373]
I’ve never understood why the AR-15 is so loathed. It’s still a semiautomatic firearm. It’s not what the media makes it out to be.

As far as appeal goes.. it’s the same for any hobbyist. I’ve got a 9mm and some hollow points for home defense and a .22 for plinking targets at the range. Once you’ve outgrown close range firearms you naturally move onto others for sport.

I have a .22 AR Style rifle for plinking at the range also.

Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22

7341ede0ca7beb0d6b4fe101f9d0dded.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I bought me a new 9mm today. Mossberg MC1sc. I had a Glock 27 a while back but had to sell it. Now the problem is finding ammo for it.
Yeah don't get me started on the ammo topic... AR15 build kits are sold out too...

Where you live it's cash and carry? Here on handguns it's a 7-day wait. [emoji58]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I bought mine online at an Academy Sports drove there filled out the form on a tablet it went through the system and I walked out with it about 10 mins later.

:squirrel:the shortie shotguns have a big kick- I heard the semi auto shotguns have less a kick. Shotguns are very useful:spazface: for farmers who can't see too well.

Back