"unexpected error" during reflash

Pat Mills

Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this problem or not but my Hondata will get to the 99% mark and then it'll give an error message.
I tried it on another 9th and it completed the flash without any problem.
I double checked my battery, I checked my grounds and the connections, and the firmware is up to date. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Wow. I’ve never seen this. You might want to hit up Hondata for this. Have u uninstalled and reinstalled the program? Also have u tried loading a different calibration on ur car?

Ya I agree, load stock program back and see if that's works, if it does most likely the other program got corrupted, try loading again, if that fails try loading another tune, if that works. That bit of software is junk. Sometimes a tune could simply not load correctly, so far I have had zero problems. These steps are the same with any software. And ya call Hondata, this sounds like something easy to fix.:coffee:

so you married it to another car, and then unmarried it from their car....and married back to yours correct?

I've gone through all the trouble shooting and I'll hit up hondata tomorrow.
The Flashpro will marry and unmarry without any problems but for whatever reason the car won't allow the flash to complete. I married it to another car and it went through the flash without any issue. I'm expecting it to be an issue with the harness or the ECU.

I've gone through all the trouble shooting and I'll hit up hondata tomorrow.
The Flashpro will marry and unmarry without any problems but for whatever reason the car won't allow the flash to complete. I married it to another car and it went through the flash without any issue. I'm expecting it to be an issue with the harness or the ECU.

Are you flashing just from the hondata box? Have you tried to upload the flash directly from the laptop?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this problem or not but my Hondata will get to the 99% mark and then it'll give an error message.
I double checked my battery, I checked my grounds and the connections, and the firmware is up to date. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you conplete flashing for your car?
I need firmware for my car, can you send it to me? Thank so much.

He’s from Vietnam, so I have no clue what model or compatibility he’d have with hondata honestly.

Back